Notices

Let's take a break and pat a few SR friends on the back...

Old 09-16-2006, 01:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Let's take a break and pat a few SR friends on the back...

Sometimes things get pretty heavy here in the SR newbies section! Let's take a break and thank those that were so helpful to us in the start of our new journey.

Personally, I wish I could thank everyone who has been so helpful but that would be too long of a post. I would, however, like to give a special "thank you" to a few who adopted my cause back in July.

For me, it was Anna and Carol (who are so fast to all of our aid) and also NYCgirl, Lastbinge, KellyeD, Alera, and the departed Wishful. Thanks for being SO generous with your time--and your heart...

You guys REALLY made a big impact on my new path in those tough early days! I can't imagine where I would be without you

How about you? Who would you like to tip your hat to?

Last edited by ibhmn; 09-16-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Thanks ibhmn.

The Newcomers forum is SO special.

I know I will never forget how very lost and alone I felt in those early days and how much I wished for someone to say something kind to me.

It's the Newcomers who rock. We're all part of the same team.
Old 09-16-2006, 01:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Im Sharon and Im an Alcoholic.

I have to agree with Anna on this one. For me ive only been in SR coming up on a yr this coming Dec. Ive shared more here and have recieved more feed back from soooo many that i wouldnt know where to begin or who to thank. Mainly because folks come and go for whatever reason....but most of all those that have shared ...all who have shared...have been instrumental in my staying sober....in my recovery.

I have never met anyone on here in person, yet i know many of u like as if u were my brother or sister. Even a close friend.

So to single out one, two, three people would be selfish of me....

YOU ALL whether i have shared with u personally or not....YOU ALL ARE THAT IMPORTANT TO MY SOBRIETY.

TANKS FOR LETTING ME SHARE.
Old 09-16-2006, 02:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

I remember coming here when I was a newcomer, scared and confused. Everyone was so supportive and helpful. I felt very welcome. I knew I had stumbled upon something good. I would like to extend that to others if I could. Sometimes, all we need is to know that we are not alone. I now know, we are never alone.

Old 09-16-2006, 03:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Since I have been coming to Sr I have been struggling through addictions to one thing or another. I have been hanging by a very thin thread, but if it werent for the other members here I wouldnt be hanging at all.
Thank you so much to everybody!!
Old 09-16-2006, 08:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

A member that doesnt get the opportunity to come on here much recommended me this site on my 3rd night of sobriety. I was really starting to feel the w/d's and anxiety and I called her. She told me about this site (as I could not make it to a meeting) and for that I am so thankful.

I will never forget how bad I felt, how alone and depressed I was. SR has been a saving grace for me as I am not able to make it as many meetings as I would like.

Just to know that I am not alone means the world. I love everybody here. I love their insight, experiences strength and hope that each indivdual has to offer. If it doesn't pertain to me or I dont agree 100% I take what I need and leave the rest. However, I find that I take a lot more than I leave here.

I am so grateful for this community.
Star
Old 09-16-2006, 09:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
On a tear

I came looking for "resources" and found friends....

Thank you.
Old 09-16-2006, 10:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

Ya to Newcomers and all within
Old 09-17-2006, 03:45 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Smile

ibhmn I appreciate the kind words. Thanks!

SR is a great supplement to my AA recovery.
It keeps me growing and moving forward,

for all of our united spirits!
Old 09-17-2006, 06:29 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great thread!!!
If I were to list everyone that has helped me, I would have to copy and paste pretty much the entire members list LOL because there are so many. But I would have to give special thanks to Carol, Anna, Sharon, Vic, Big Sis, Hope4life, oh gosh, the list is so long!!!! Big hugs to EVERYONE!!!!

Love Liss
Old 09-17-2006, 08:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I have said since the very beginning that Vic was the one who inspired me to sign up and post my story. I got so caught up in his "I'm Alive" thread and then so worried when he left for a while and so very happy when he came back. He has been one of my rocks here along with DWI and Loves and there are so many in so many different forums that I can't even begin to name everyone. I don't think I would have gotten thought these last 6 months if it weren't for my family here at SR!!!!! Thank you everyone. I will try to get back more often now.

GP
Old 09-17-2006, 10:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

It's the love we share for one another that makes SR *home* to me.

Thanks, family.

Old 09-17-2006, 11:08 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Starting a New Life

I just want to thank everyone who has made me feel so at home here.