My baby girl (dog) was only 2

Old 09-11-2006, 11:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

My baby girl (dog) was only 2

We lost our dog today, someone hit her. I miss her. I tried to call my AH because I really could have used his help with the boys on this,,,,,,no answer. I even had his brother call him, just to see if he would pick up the phone if it wasn't me.. NO. He is supposed to be looking for a job, among other things.. you think he would answer the phone.
My heart is broken. I had the animal ambulance pick her up and I'm having her cremated(sp) so we can give her a proper good bye............
I don't know how much more loss the kids and I can take. I hope AH is okay i worrie that he will hurt himself. I hate when he doesn't answer the phone. Does this life ever get any easier? I'm begining to think not............ I feel like I'm getting so lost and I'm afraid it won't get any easier for us.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((kermit))) I am so sorry about your dog and also about all the rest. I understand those feelings well...........sorry about that,too. (In reality, some of those same feelings are what have me awake at the computer tonight.) It can be so overwhelming; especially when our innocent children are involved. Know that you are all in my prayers.
Old 09-12-2006, 02:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((kermit))) You're incredibly strong and you will get through this, even if it doesn't feel that way right now. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Your boys are lucky to have you.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I am so sorry for your loss of of your dog. I hope you get to hear from your AH if that will give you some peace of mind. Take care - and remember you did give your dog two good years of love.

brdlvr
Old 09-12-2006, 05:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh I'm sorry Kermit.... I know our pets are our family! (((hugs)))
Old 09-12-2006, 05:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

**********{fur-person}}}}}}},sorry to hear.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((((( kermit ))))) (((( tadpoles -kermies sons )))))

I am so very sorry for your loss. Perhaps you can rent the movie All dogs Go to Heaven. That is a good one for you and your kids too.

Dogs are pure joy and unconditional love in fur. I know how much this hurts!

Cat
Old 09-12-2006, 05:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((kermit)) i am so sorry for the loss of your dog. it's heartbreaking for sure and when you have other stuff going on emotionally, it makes it tougher! big hugs to you and your kids!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

**{HUGS}} I am so sorry for your loss.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry kermit. and yes, life does get easier. I'm praying for your little ones and for you. You will make it thru this pain and we will be here to support you thru it.

Mike
Old 09-12-2006, 07:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Thanks everyone. I didn't sleep very much last night. I just keep seeing her little face.

All dogs go to Heaven, I'll check it out, thanks...Maybe we can watch it tonight when I get home from work.
I'm going to wake the boys and get them off to school. Love you....Lynne
Old 09-12-2006, 08:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

*hugs* to you sweetie....

I know that feeling of it tumbling all at once, It will get better though.

Do something special for you and the boys..... I know it hurts that you AH did not call but maybe its a blessing that you cant see.... Maybe he would have made it worse instead of better. Have faith hon...
Old 09-12-2006, 09:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
On a tear

When I lost my little dog it was only a few months after another big loss in my life. Perhaps because they were close in time, and maybe because I was "transferring" some of the other grief, I could not BELIEVE the tears I shed over that poor puppy.

I worried SO much about the kids.. but you know what? She was a bigger loss TO ME than to them... even though she was their playmate, they handled it better.

We talked alot about it, and had a burial... perhaps that is all they needed. It was me who needed more.

At the time, Mr. Big and I had just divorced and had lost a baby girl the year before. That little doggie's death was just the "last straw".

Take some time for YOU... AH will do what he will do. You might try writing about the loss of your companion and friend and what that means to you.

Loving prayers sent.... (((kermit)))
Old 09-12-2006, 02:16 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

I just got a call from my sons school he was in the office cying about his dog Roofie, the Principle talked with him and he was able to go back to class. My other little guy didn't maske it very well today either, but for other reasons. Life...
Old 09-12-2006, 05:43 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Im sorry about your dog kermit. I have never had a dog myslef. But i know what it feels like to lose someone you love. I agree with everyone else. Do something for you and your boys.

Take Care,
Ashley
Old 09-12-2006, 06:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

So sorry that you lost your baby, I know all too well how hard it is to lose a pet. I personally believe that we will be reunited with our long lost pets again one day, because it wouldn't be heaven to me without my beloved dogs.
Old 09-12-2006, 07:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

(((hugs)))
Old 09-12-2006, 07:28 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

This may sound strange. I think sometimes God will give a child and even a lonely wife an opportunity to "let it all out". Somehow I think such sad events like this provide an opportunity to purge. We can know great loss and deep sorrow. We should mourn. We should mourn many things that aren't as obvious as losing a beloved pet. Use this. Put it all on this. Let the kids cry and talk. I'd just keep in the back of my mind that what they say about losing the dog may apply to OTHER losses that they don't feel so free to talk about.