Am I in the right place?

Old 09-11-2006, 09:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post Am I in the right place?

Searching for hope

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I heard one time that people choose to make a change when the reality of what is frightens them more than what might be. Sure seems true.

So I dug deep down inside and found I had just enough strength left to leave..... leave the empty promises, the constant worry and fear, the lonesomeness, the isolation, the desperation, the abuse, and my abf. Truth be told it felt more like running at the time.

I guess I thought packing up and moving out would fix everything. I'm just beginning to realize that there is a big difference between "not living there" and "not living with it". I'm empty, scared, and very tired. I just want to feel alive again.

I've lost hope... the one thing I thought I could never lose. Can you help me find it again? Can you help me find myself again?
Old 09-11-2006, 09:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR!
Yes you are in the right place
others will be along later to say Hi!

I suggest you take a read around..
especially the sticky post at the top.

You are not alone and there is healing and hope
for you. Blessings
Old 09-11-2006, 10:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome!

People like you give me hope. I am still with my AH and wish i had the stength you have.

Hang in there.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, so glad you found us.
This time of the day sometimes is pretty quiet. I think only about 3 people up now.
Yes, as Carol mentioned Please read the stickey's at the top, located where you started. Then read some of the threads and reply's. Others will be along, we are all here to help. We are free to just vent, writing it all out seems to jelp a great deal.

I sure know what no hope feels like, guess we each do what we can if just sit and read, or sleep, whatever for a few days. It will lighten up.
I call a friend and ask how they are, the voice contact helps me somehow.

Have you looked into Al-Anon meetings?

Woud be nice if you could share more with us, like how you got to leaving, and what you know about alcoholism. The books you have read etc.

See ya tomarrow! ((HUGS)) I believe we are survivors, and life gets better.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Welcome to this Lifesaver site! Reading, sharing here, and Alanon has helped more than I can say, you'll find strength from the people here. There are alot of good books that can help, even if it is only one sentence that "hits home".
Old 09-12-2006, 08:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR..... we are glad you found us.

Congrads on taking that one step that you did for yourself, My ex-abf left me, I could not find that strength to leave him.... Show some amazing strength in you.

Your not alone, and there is always hope. I agree can you tell us more about what brought you here, how long it has been and what your doing to recover from it all?

My story is that Almost 2 years ago my A decided to get sober, which if you can believe it was harder for me then the drunk. A long story short he told my daughter and myself to move 2 weeks before Christmas..... he was not in love with me. I ended up finding out that he actually was seeing someone else in his AA fellowship.... SO 5 months later and just as hurt and sick I went kicking and screaming to an Al-anon meeting. It was not long after I found SR. That is what is working for me.... The recent events in my life do not rip my world apart as much and Im learning to keep the focus on me and what I can control.

I look forward to getting to know you.... keep reading and posting it really does help.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello aliveagain and welcome to SoberRecovery. Yes you are in the right place. This is where all of us find ourselves and our hope. There's lots of it around here and we love to share.

Mike
Old 09-12-2006, 12:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I said, ""see ya tomarrow!" I am here, where are you! (smile)
Hope you are OK. Waiting to hear from you.

Understanding caring ((HUGS))