Notices

Old 09-11-2006, 07:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Newbie

Hi, Everyone,
I hope this message finds you all well and in good spirits!well where do I begin..I am a married stay home mum of two beautiful children both uder the age of 6. I am 33. My husband is 32 and is a very hard working man and and a good person. Except that he is struggling with addiction. He suffers with drug and alcohol and yes depression is weaved in there. He is not and everyday addict but can be if I didnt control much of it. But he lie's hides alcohol and no at least once every few weeks just has to have pot and lie about it! Im tired the fighting has to stop. I am a very out going social person with many friends always have been! I don't drink.. I dont smoke anything. and I just don't understand. Confuseed newbie here! am i in the right place?
RJ
Old 09-11-2006, 07:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome (((RubenJames)))

You're absolutely in the right place. You may also want to scroll down on the forums list and check out the Friends & Family forum and the Naranon forum. There is a ton of information, support, and understanding from others going thru exactly what you are.

hugs ~

deedee
Old 09-11-2006, 07:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you
Deedee
Old 09-11-2006, 07:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hello
Yes I think you have found a place to let things go. I am new here also. I just joined yesterday and I have enjoyed reading what others are dealing with too.

I feel your pain because my bs is addicted to pills, coke, weed, and crack. If he cant get one he goes for the other. He has not turned to the drinking yet....thank God. I have been dealing with this for about 6 months now. It gets better then it gets worse. Addicts will tell you they have to take it one min at a time....we us people dealing with addicts have to take it one second at a time.

He goes through the depression and suicidal moments too. He will lie to you about anything but if you picking at him the truth will come out. I hate seeing someone I care so much about being in this shape but I do all I can do it is up to him to get help I cant do it for him. I used to think I could or what I was doing for him was helping but now i dont....I do it because I care about him and I know he has noone else to support him. If he didnt have me where would he be and what kinda shape would he be in.

You have to be strong but take care of your self and your kids before you take care of him. I learned that the hard way dont put your kids or your self to the side because yall are just and maybe more important than him.
Just hang in there it is a rough curvy road and it is not easy. I wish it was easy for us on this side but it isnt.
My prayers and thoughts are with you. Just take it one second at a time and remember to have faith and trust in God. God will be there for you when noone else will...he will never turn his back on you.
A big HUGGGG to you
Old 09-11-2006, 09:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi there! Welcome to SR! Glad you found us; this is a great community of people.

I am also a stay at home mom (mum, i love that) to 2 beautiful girls (5 and 2). They are the joys of my life.

Happy posting.
You will find lots of support and info here.
You are not alone!
Old 09-12-2006, 01:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Welcome Ruben...Yep defo the right place...Glad you found SR...as this place is a lifeline for SO MANY...Glad your with us...!

Old 09-12-2006, 04:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((RubenJames))) Welcome to SoberRecovery.....yep I'm with the gang....you've been blessed finding SR.

Wishing you all the best in what's needed to help yourself and family. SR is a wonderful place for support.

Hugs.....Denise
Old 09-13-2006, 02:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thank you everyone for all your kind words and well wish's!My Children and my Faith I keep hand and hand.God is never to far away and belive me I;ve had a great many conversation with him! LOL! I keep a light heart and a wicked sense of humour without it I'd be lost!I look forward to getting to know everyone. Thanks again!
RJ
"Everyday is a good day the bad ones don't count!"(Stepheny)