Random thoughts while babysitting

Old 03-09-2003, 06:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Random thoughts while babysitting

My golden haired grand daughter - ultimate love. Out on the patio together playing with the sand brought back from the especially for her. Her ownl language telling me she misses the beach and thinks we should go there right now. Oh wise young one, I so echo your sentiments and sensibility. Me the adult, trying to explain why we aren't "walking" there right now, yet, in a way we are.

Talking of the flowers we will plant, she watches as I trim away old growth in preparation for new. She says the sky is "beau," her word for beautiful. It's a word she uses often to describe animals, butterflies, paintings, the sand sifting through her tiny fingers, and the garden we will plant. Yes, my love, you are exactly correct - don't lose your knowledge to the dredges of the TV tube. See your world, always, through young eyes full of wonder.

Dinner, and then her customary bubble bath. She plasters bubbles on my chin, in my hair, giggles. Mascara smears, hair matted and flat, dripping wet - yes my dear - this is who I am. Those who would choose to see me as messy "or not put together as a lady should be" are fools with limited vision.

Bedtime story - pages flipped backwards and forwards at random. Words added and dropped along the way as required. Tired - she wants Mommy and Daddy. Yes dear, they will come back - worry not. A pang - it was once me you cried for, clung to. Now it is as it should be.
Old 03-09-2003, 10:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That was beautiful

I love to hear about special moments between loved ones. Children are always my best teachers. Thanks for sharing.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 03-09-2003, 01:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Learning to love life...

It is so often that the children in our lives are the ones to provide perfect examples of peace and love - they are our teachers, just when we have the most to learn .
Take care
Meg
Old 03-09-2003, 03:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks for the post Alongtimegone!

Reading it makes me look forward to the future when I will someday be a grandmother! Seeing life through the eyes of a child is so rewarding. They truely are one of Gods most precious gifts to us.

Heres to many more heartfelt moments,
matters
Old 03-20-2003, 03:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh, I smile all through my being! Thank you for sharing that along!

My little Noah grandbaby. When he sees me he puts both his little hands on both my cheeks and rubs them with absolute glee, right up in my face and showering me with messy baby kisses.
He, too, is now returned to his mother. As it should be, as you wisely pointed out.
But what love we have shared! And how precious!

Thank you again!

love,
live