Notices

Anyone kicking the pain meds?

Old 09-07-2006, 09:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone kicking the pain meds?

Any fellow pain med users out there? Anyone that can relate to me? I need to quit and would love to message or chat with someone going through this process. Hellooo out there.. I can't be the only one in the hydrocodone family.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Vegas
I'm a recovering pill addict. You should go to the substance abuse forum and check it out................lots of info.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am on day 19 of withdrawal from codeine, blueline has a thread that both he and I have been posting on. Have you started withdrawal yet?

Chloe
Old 09-08-2006, 05:28 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

The thread Chloe is talking about is called "Hydrocodone Addiction" and it under the Substance Abuse section. Its a great thread, has lots of advice and more than 1 addict there going thru exactly what you are going thru.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks

Thanks for all of the input. I am glad that I am not alone here. I have not started withdrawl yet because I am working full time and no days off to go cold turkey and I don't want to wait any longer so I am trying to cut back for now. I know that cutting back is and will be hard and will make this process take longer but I don't want to wait until I can get time off because I don't know when I will be able to get even a few days off. So I am beginning this process on my own. I will need a lot of hand holding until I can go cold turkey and get that horrible pain over with..... Thanks for replying and I will find the links you recommended.
Old 09-08-2006, 06:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome to SR .... I am an addict but have been off the pain meds a little over 3 months ....It was hard....I have been using for 20 yrs but the last 10 have been mainly pills and pot....

Hope you can find some helpful info here....again WELCOME !!!!

~B
Old 09-08-2006, 09:35 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
You're never alone!!

Hey Vegas,

Welcome to SR!! Yes, you are right, there are, and have been many that are and have been on the boards struggling with pain killer addiction. But it doesn't have to be that way. There is a ton of support here.
We will be here for you the whole process and have you considered any type
meetings like NA or Celebrate Recovery, or Smart Recovery, or anything such as that? There is wonderful face to face support in those meetings, which is also very helpful.

Here is a link to the Substance Abuse forum for you,, it's here at SR.. Check it out, there is alot of info and support there too..

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/substance-abuse/

My prayers are with you,,
Becky
Old 09-08-2006, 09:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Kicked almost 4 years ago. It is a bitch but when you are done with them life is much better.

It is difficult to quit. Detox then rehab is the best way to go.