Getting past the weekend.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting past the weekend.

So many things. The holiday weekend started out good but then went down hill.
He snuck in last week and took a bag of clothes, he's been doing nothing but lying to my daughter, dodging her questions of when will I see you?
I had been trying to keep my contact to a minimum. I don't call him. I don't ask any questions. I just want it to be over.
So anyway, Sunday two pipes going to my hot water heater started leaking, one of them was the shut off, and it wouldn't shut off. So I had to use the main water shut off. So we were totally without water. Can't get in touch with any local plumbers of course because of the holiday weekend, so it was Tuesday before I could get that taken care of, which ended up being a new hot water heater and all new plumbing along with it. Alot more than I can afford right now. Oh well I'll deal with that.
The worst thing was, on Sunday I noticed my cat, who I just adopted from a shelter in May, and who was my big crazy handsome boy, was not feeling well. Very tired, wouldn't eat. Otherwise okay, ie color in mouth, going to the bathroom, etc. I called the animal hospital, they told me what to check and said I could wait and bring him to my vet on Tuesday. By Monday afternoon he was worse. So I called the hospital again, I brought him in immediately, we're about a half hour away. In that time he became so much worse. So sick, so fast. He'd been fine. An hour later we were putting him down. He was dying, his system was shutting down, he had feline leukemia, they had tested him at the shelter but apparently got a false negative. I loved that cat so much. We all did. AH found out where we were, he hadn't been around since thursday, he showed up, half cocked, trying to play daddy and husband. I know he was upset too but I felt invaded.
He kept trying to hug me and kiss me, smelling so bad. I just wanted him to leave. I lost my buddy and he was trying to use it to get close to me.
And he hasn't left us alone since. I told him I got the divorce papers, he asked me if I was going through with it. I said yes. He asked what my hurry was, and do I have a boyfriend. I simply said no, why prolong it. I think it's better for both of us. He said nothing else about it and won't leave me alone now, acting like nothing is wrong.
Which makes me said in a way too. That he is that far gone. Nothing is registering with him.
I don't know what my point is, just needed to vent I guess. I'm disgusted right now, with just about everything.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

*hugs* to you hon....

Im sooo sorry about your best bud. Im also sorry about your AH....

He is just scared cuz your serious and he is reacting to that... hang in there it will get better