Notices

Help! Stressed out! Oldest son smoking pot again.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help! Stressed out! Oldest son smoking pot again.

My son moved back home after living w/my parents and he has only been back a month and he has started to smoke pot again, he doesn't smoke that much and still is able to go to his job, but I am stressed out about it cause before he moved out he was doing a lot of other drugs and a little alcohol and I am afraid he is going to fall back into the same mess he was in before. I think maybe that is why I am more stressed out than usual and could be a possible excuse I used to drink.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Sorry to hear that he is smoking pot, if it is your house then you can do something about it. You can tell him that this is a drug (alcohol is a drug) free house and if he wants to live in it then he needs to abide by the rules. I believe that in order for you to stay clean you will need to make some boundaries. I know that I have had too.

As far as the excuses to drink go, I really never had to have a excuse to use, until I got into the program. That is what I did. However I have noticed that since I have gotten into the program, I look for excuses to use, however if we can turn those excuses to use into excuses to stay clean then we will be OK.

Might want to go to some meetings that tends to help take the stress off also.

Love Vic