Notices

I Just Realized...

Old 09-02-2006, 08:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking I Just Realized...

I'm really happy because earlier as I was discussing something with someone else in recovery...I realized that I now have a direction and purpose in my life that was missing before. I was just lost and didn't have any direction at all other than just drifting aimlessly into the abyss of a living hell...but today, hope has replaced my despair. That for me is a beautiful thing. I won't give that up. I am learning to treasure the precious gift that is called life.

Right now, I am so full of gratitude that it is just overflowing. Words cannot even describe what I'm feeling.

I love these positive changes that I'm doing in my life. I can look myself in the mirror today.
Old 09-02-2006, 09:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

happy happy hugs to you!
Old 09-02-2006, 09:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hurray! Isn't it great to have a natural high?!!!!!
Old 09-03-2006, 05:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

very happy to hear you say that. it brings hope for those who are still trying to find a purpose.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow I was just having a cig thinking "If I drink or toke this is gone. This feeling of hope and relief...How can I feel this way when I was in a hellhole Friday?" And then I see your post!

God is here, awnsering our prayers. I used to think "The miracle of recovery" was something I wasn't good enough for but after I put down the gun I was shooting myself with it is coming to me. I have to work this, but I know that finally I can see "how it works" and how it WILL work for me if I work it. I see you guys online and the people in the meetings and I realize how we all share this and I am blown away.

Thursday I was rolling around in bed sweating and shaking and that I am here today HAPPY is nothing short of a miracle. I honestly think I might be delusional I feel such a change, and my husband does too.
Old 09-05-2006, 09:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think it is just a huge relief to feel free. When we can go through our lives and each day say we don't have to drink/use then we can be filled with a new peace that we have never known. It is not easy but it is worth it. Beautiful things happen in sobriety. With drinking/drugging, the days always run together and are filled with the same familiar pain and misery. Sobriety is a whole new world and we get to feel and enjoy things that we have previously numbed. We have that sense of child-like wonder as we wait with anticipation of what we get to see and do each day.

The freedom from drinking and drugging is so worth it!