One Year Later

Old 08-28-2006, 09:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One Year Later

The thing I love most about SR is being able to go back to my old posts and see exactly where I was. I don't reply to posts very often, I mostly read and when I need to, I start a thread. This way, I can look back later and see what I was thinking/feeling.

Last week I celebrated my 31st birthday (thanks for the email SR!). It was definately more of a celebration than last year. I cannot believe how far we've come!

Last year on my 20th birthday, my AH had come home sometime in the middle of the night, from a 4day bender. He was jobless, never home, living to drink/use. Last year on Aug 29th, one week after my birthday, I packed up my house and left him.

Last weekend, my husband went to his 2nd AA Retreat. Last night he went to his regular Sun nite AA mtg, stayed after and chatted with friends, came home and watched Intervention with me. This morning we got up for work, he made me coffee and drove the kids to the sitter.

I know that although we are 'out of the woods' we aren't 'in the clear' just yet. But WOW, does it ever feel great to feel 'normal' for once!
Old 08-28-2006, 10:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((HM))) Thanks you for sharing this..it is nice to see that there is some hope!

Glad you and your family are doing so well; I hope it only gets better!!!