Notices

Going to go crazy sitting home on the weekends

Old 08-25-2006, 06:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Going to go crazy sitting home on the weekends

I'm trying to break my cycle of sober M-Th maybe Friday, but binge the whole rest of the weekend. I'm on yet another day 5. I went to a meeting tonight and turned down an invitation to go out (the bar) from a friend. I hate sitting home. That was always my problem. I'd get all my chores/errands done by early afternoon on Saturdays (if I didn't go out drinking Friday night) then what to do? - go to the bar or call people to come over.

I don't know how to handle this. When I got home tonight, my thoughts were man, the band is just starting at some bar somewhere, I could be out, meeting people, but I'm home (alone - I'm single). Well, at least my two dogs were very happy to have me home with them and not all drunked up. LOL
Old 08-25-2006, 07:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Wink

Originally Posted by brdlvr
I'm trying to break my cycle of sober M-Th maybe Friday, but binge the whole rest of the weekend. I'm on yet another day 5.
WOW that was me three months ago, I was stuck on a five day clean time and swear I would never do it again, and before the fifth day was over I was down at the hood buying crack. I am amazed that I haven't had to do that for over 3 months now, but because of the Program of recovery I haven't had to use since May 25, 2006 and for that I am eternally grateful.

You know you did the right thing by coming here and posting! Have you called your sponsor? I know for me that I can not do it alone, we need each other day and night if need be. I always use the excuse that I didn't want to bother him and he tells me that I am probably going to save his butt more than I am going to save mine. Well I don't know about all of that but it sure has helped me to pick up the phone and call. I hope that you hang in there just REFUSE TO GIVE UP AND REFUSE TO GIVE IN!!!

and WE can do it.

Love Vic
Old 08-25-2006, 07:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

OH yeah the dog part OMG I have Chance and he is priceless. I enjoy watching him go crazy anyway just forgot to mention dogs are Gods backwards.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's how it was for me early on--kind of like being in a bunker during the London blitz. I felt so deprived and hard up. It's a big transition. But all we're doing is saving our lives.

The screwey thing about alcohol is that we miss it even when it no longer gives us what we like about it, except a little around the edges but with quite a price. I just went to a ton of meetings, and shot for three months--or at least get through the day. Three months things were still a little screwey, but I knew then it was so much worth it.
Old 08-26-2006, 10:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks. I know this is something I'll have to go through, but truthfully, I'm not feeling real confident I'll make it through

And dogs - yes priceless. I have no kids, but I know I've disappointed my girls (dogs) by leaving them home all night while I'm at the bar and the party after the bar and then too hungover the next day to play with them. Ugh
Old 08-26-2006, 11:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you get through the weekend - and play with your dogs brdlvr.

They'll appreciate it!
Old 08-26-2006, 02:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Many AA groups have weekend activities to attend...

Ny 1st home group did hikes..movies..dining .dances..museumns..cards

You can find people just like you..get involved in AA.

Take care..