Notices

Aren't we clever when we're drinking (not)

Old 08-25-2006, 04:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Aren't we clever when we're drinking (not)

My worst trigger is boredom - so I've been taking the house apart room by room, making trips to goodwill, completely gutted a bathroom, helping my hubby with his clutter issues (which means filling a construction size trash bag with crap he hasn't touched for years - then cleaning out the fridge and throwing that in too so he isn't tempted to dumpster dive and rescue anything.
Here's the funny part. I was filling today's goodwill bag and there were two packages of diapers still in the top of the linen closet, which haven't been needed for almost a year sniff. I pulled them down and they were the HEAVIEST diapers I'd ever hefted! Then I remembered!! I opened the bag (which by the way appeared to be sealed) and about every 4th diaper there was a pint of vodka inserted. 5 of them! I had even used the hot glue gun to reseal the package because I KNEW that was one place my husband would never look! But, in my drunken stupor I forgot.
I laughed so hard I thought I'd pee my pants - and I poured them all down the drain. Tomorrow will be 18 days and I wasn't even tempted to mess it up.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Aren't we clever when we're drinking
In my own mind I sure was. Glad they didn't have digital movie cameras back then *LOL*

Now...
I want to thank you for the tip that lets me know how my wife gets my stuff out of the house without me seeing it.
Maybe if I dumpster dive and remove stuff with spoiled food on it, she will stop clearing out my clutter *LOL*

hmmm maybe if I learn how to organize and not leave clutter, she will stop throwing my stuff out? I don't think that is possible *LOL* Me organized? *LOL*
Old 08-25-2006, 05:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I used to hide a bottle among my beer making equipment. Never forgot about it though. Guess I was making beer too often!

Congrats on the 18 days!! I'm on 19, so we basically got on this boat at the same port.

Take care.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

O.M.G....Vodka pints strategically inserted and sealed into plastic diaper bags...I'm sorry, that made me laugh, almost as hard as you!

If we can't laugh at our own insanity, we're pretty much screwed, I.M.H.O....

Thanks,
Michael (Arp)
Old 08-25-2006, 05:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I see you are moving forward HH... on!
Old 08-25-2006, 11:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Originally Posted by HobbyHorse
My worst trigger is boredom - so I've been taking the house apart room by room, making trips to goodwill, completely gutted a bathroom, helping my hubby with his clutter issues (which means filling a construction size trash bag with crap he hasn't touched for years - then cleaning out the fridge...
Wow! ... Do you make house calls? ... What kind of rates do you charge?
Old 08-26-2006, 01:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

the lengths to which we'll go...
that's hilarious!
Old 08-26-2006, 04:29 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

wHEN WE WERE remodeling our house I found 2 beers unopened hidden in my son's entertainment center, but that was back when he was living w/my parents and I was still drinking then so I put them in the freezer and then drank them, if it had been now, I would have thrown them away.