Notices

Ut oh..

Old 08-25-2006, 04:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ut oh..

I quit drinking august 6th. I was in the hosptial over the 11th and the 12. Last weekend I had the kids, today (this weekend) is dad's turn..

I have not drank a drop in 19 days. I didn't even have any thoughts about it and even boasted that I was not arguing with myself over drinking.

Well, tonight is the first night, I will be alone.. without kids since I stopped drinking and I have already caught myself asking myself.. wonder if I can just have ONE beer. I have never been hoome alone and not drinken, this will be the first night.. so think positive thoughts, that I don't throw it all out the window on a stupid whim.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

no no no and no!!! don't start again!!!

keep posting or go out--find a movie, call a friend, read a book, go for a walk, make yourself some yummy non-alcoholic drink that you can sip on...don't pick up!!!

hang in there. you can do it! you are worth it!!
Old 08-25-2006, 04:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Please don't do it - even if you did keep it to just one there's two dangerous things that could happen. First, you'd be disappointed in yourself and that could lead to more drinking. And the worst thing that could happen if you stopped at one - you might feel like you have power over drinking instead of the other way around.

Just sit here and post all night if you need to.
Old 08-25-2006, 04:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try to plan something to keep yourself busy. It was the 'home alone' times that were so bad for me too! There are always people here at SR, so keep checking in tonight.
Old 08-25-2006, 08:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

someday---how are ya doing?

thinking of you and wishing you well. just remember this GREAT post you did just a few days ago...you are such an inspiration!!

THIS Freaking SOBER thing.............

Is freaking OUTSTANDING! Wow.. It's been only 2 weeks, but I can't believe the amount of patience I have with my kids and how much more attention I pay to detail at work. No more lousy mornings and the kids are cooperating better because I think they sense I don't seem as tense. I don't even miss it. This is prob the LONGEST I have gone without drinking in 4 years. I went to a movie with the kids and didn't feel like I wanted to fall asleep in the middle of it.. I have not been frustrated with them like I sometimes get.. the patience thing really RAWKS!!

Old 08-25-2006, 08:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Keep busy and try to keep you mind occupied. Sometimes we have to go to extremes to stay sober. When I was in my first couple of weeks of sobriety, I gave my family my car keys to keep me from running to the store during a weak moment. That is just an example of what we must do to play it safe and guard against giving in to temptation. When I was given my car keys back, I was nervous and unsure of myself. Would I cave in? My mother said to me you'll have to take charge sometime. She was right, it was up to me to stay sober.
Old 08-26-2006, 04:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by someday
Well, tonight is the first night, I will be alone.. without kids since I stopped drinking and I have already caught myself asking myself.. wonder if I can just have ONE beer. I have never been hoome alone and not drinken, this will be the first night.. so think positive thoughts, that I don't throw it all out the window on a stupid whim.
Today is 26 days sober for me and there has been a couple of nights I thought the same thing just one or two beers than the thought passes and I think that would be stupid cause I have come sooo far without drinking why screw it up now, so i didnt drink and felt proud of myself!
Old 08-26-2006, 04:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

well it WAS 19 days..

It's hard to keep myself occupied, because on days when the kids are gone, I use to clean the house and do things that I couldn't do when they were here.. then I wouldn't go out, I'd stay home.. drink.. and watch TV until I passed out.. first time in 4 years I didn't do that.

Now it's 20 days!

I made it through my first night alone!
Old 08-26-2006, 05:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
LEARNING TO LIVE AGAIN

Good job keep up the progress It used to drive me nutz like that to. find a meeting or friends that dont drink work well too. happy 20th day!!!
Aaron
Old 08-26-2006, 07:19 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

WTG Someday. I know it was tough when the kids weren't home, like you I'd try to get things done I couldn't do when they were here. Make sure you do something for yourself tonight, rent a movie that you may not want to watch while they are around tonight...don't know if you're in a 12 step program, but if so, tonight may be a good night for it. Alot of groups go out to eat afterwards, for a little "meeting after the meeting".

I remember once they left on Friday, and living room was painted when they got back.

In recovery, all things are possible (especially if this princess can paint a living room, they said it couldn't be done).
Old 08-26-2006, 07:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Nice job someday. Stay strong. What is your plan to stay sober? Are you going to AA or any other support groups? Getting sober is tough - it can be REALLY tough if you do it alone. Good luck
JMHS
Old 08-26-2006, 10:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

YAY! I was worried about you last night! You made it!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go!!!
Old 08-26-2006, 02:25 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

That's great Sinday!

In a few hours I will be in an AA meeting..that is my
plan to stay sober...

Do you have a plan?
Old 08-26-2006, 10:34 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

EXCELLENT

There is always hope...I feel as if you know that already