Feeling better

Old 08-22-2006, 06:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling better

Hi everyone, sorry it's been a couple of days since I posted. It's been a busy weekend. My husband and I have been working out alot, because we both find it a stress reliever. Who knew something i've been running from half my life is helping me cope. We just got back from an AA meeting tonight. it went well. I find listening to other AH'S I can understand alittle better what my AH is going through. I'm feeling a little better. not as nervous. I still have my moments of weekness when I want to search his wallet, or go through his pockets, but I'm stopping myself. I'm in the middle of codependent no more, so it should not be long, and I'll have that complete. I'm trying to convince myself that no matter what state my AH is in, it has no affect on me, unless I let it. I pray everyday for my husbands sobriety, and for gods strength to detatch from the situation, but still be supportive. I know hes listening, and I know hes working. Hugs, and prayers, to anyone going through a tough time.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:42 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like you are on your way....

Its not an easy road to walk. Changing is painful and very hard to do, so dont be too hard on yourself hon.... just keep putting one foot in front of the other and doing the work...

I promise it will be easier and better as time goes on. You just have to walk through it to recover.
Old 08-23-2006, 09:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cocoa
I'm trying to convince myself that no matter what state my AH is in, it has no affect on me, unless I let it.

That is hard to do, but that is the attitude.

I pray everyday for my husbands sobriety, and for gods strength to detatch from the situation, but still be supportive. I know hes listening, and I know hes working. Hugs, and prayers, to anyone going through a tough time.
Keep up the good work.