Notices

First meeting......sorda

Old 08-18-2006, 07:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile First meeting......sorda

Good wonderful sober no hangover morning everyone!!!!

Well.......(LOL) Since Kurts passing almost 2 weeks ago, and my slip, I have been seriously checking out different groups to attend. Still not comfortable quite yet with a f2f meeting but getting there, I went to an online meeting last nite. I had seen on here something about SMART and decided to check it out. I went back and forth, tried to make excuses as to why I couldnt "attend" etc but in the end, I hit the join button and was greeted and in before I could change my mind.
Very interesting I must say!!!! It was very structured yet laid back enough to allow for occasional joking etc. I REALLY liked it. I also learned quite a bit in the 90 minutes!!!!
One thing I learned that really strikes me, is how much I need to learn ABOUT ME. I know I have an addictive personality etc. but I hadnt thought much about my needs or wants. I am doing a couple worksheets today. I am also going to attend meetings daily when they are available. I REALLY have some major issues. I thought my addiction was just that, I have never explored why. I mean, I used to drink just because, I didnt need to be happy, sad, angry etc. it was just part of every day life. The addiction though.....there are reasons for that and I need to figure out what those reasons are or I will never truely be free. (my words, not from the meeting)
I also need to work on commitment....not just to sobriety, but to life, goals etc. I need to learn to follow through with things no matter what life throws at me, no more excuses. I hardly slept last night and when I did, I dreamed a lot.
Today, my first order of business is to buckle down and make up a better game plan for the kids schooling. I already have one but it is the basic plan through the homeschool itself....uh uh....not good enough! My kids did very well last year in homeschooling, I brought them much further then they would have been in this Godforsaken public school we have here but I just went with the program and did the basics. NOT this year!!!! It is something I have thought about all summer, but havent worked on, today I am going to start by enrolling them in 4H club. I have a plan and I WILL follow through. For them and for ME! Wish me luck, thanks for letting me share!!!!
Have a wonderful day all!!!! First step.....I am off to shop (by myself, first time in years) for better supplies etc. We are going to have an absolutely wonderful, fun, productive AND socialized year!!! Fieldtrips.....here we come!!! Oh and did I mention that I am going to do this all SOBER?????
Love Liss
Old 08-18-2006, 07:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well Done Lolli!!! Self realization is a wonderful thing at times. Follow through is very important.

Keep on going and follow through. I admire you for home schooling. I am in Florida, (home of the crappy schools) and wish I had enough initiative to home school.

Glad to see you in better spirits, sweety.
Star
Old 08-18-2006, 07:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

**{lollipop}}
Good to hear from you lollipop! You sound so good!

homeschooling--whoa, that is intense! good for you! and how nice for you and your kids!

Glad to have you back!
Old 08-18-2006, 08:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Liss! Sounds like you are in a good place right now. It's so good to see you growing and learning. I love your positive outlook -- it's contagious you know!!
Old 08-18-2006, 10:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks All!!!
I feel good, It is strange in some ways, and I am trying not to be skeptical and wonder if I am just having a "Good Day" but I am staying positive!!!!
Love Liss
Old 08-18-2006, 11:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

wow Liss
Where do you get all your enthusiasm and energy from??
It's great, and so are you!
Old 08-18-2006, 11:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hehe glad you liked it, I'm in SMART's chatroom at times too (prolly not last night since that meeting was most likely way beyond my bedtime :P) but yeah the atmosphere is really nice and I always found 'em very helpful, just reading did help me a lot already.

Marte
Old 08-18-2006, 11:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Wonderful!
Old 08-18-2006, 03:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

way to go Liss
Old 08-18-2006, 04:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

SMART? tell more please.

Hi,

This is my first post and I've been looking for online 'meetings' like what you've described. I've been sober for just 8 days. I need something online because I'm home with kids and can't afford babysitting (already paying for daycare).

You said "SMART". Can you help me get there? What is the address? It sounds like it helped you a lot. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks,
C.
Old 08-18-2006, 04:41 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Good on you for trying no matter what. I am so proud of you ... way to go and keep it up...

Peace, Levi
Old 08-18-2006, 05:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ndgrace

Liss,
Sounds like you are finding your way! Homeschooling is great , you can accomplish so much in a short period of time. The field trips will never be forgotten by the kids, or you. I am excited for you, keep us posted.
Karen
Old 08-18-2006, 11:05 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Your experience with SMART is similar to mine. I get so much from SMART Recovery, and I learn so much!

Canary, you can find it at http://www.smartrecovery.org
Old 08-19-2006, 03:38 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

(((Liss))......X.....

Old 08-19-2006, 03:55 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks All
I am going to attend a meeting again tonite. 10 pm my time. I just can not get over how much I am learning about myself. I am amazed!!!! It is a wonderful feeling to discover that there are true reasons for things!!!! Canary, I hope you check out the site, there is a ton of different things there. Everyone is so nice and the meetings are so comfortable!

Love Liss