On Repeat

Old 08-17-2006, 06:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

On Repeat

Said it before. Said it many times, and if I betray it THIS time then I really am an idiot.

Got to go. Why be daily around something I destest (twelve step recovery)?. Pointless. Whenever I see an AA member I want to shout them down, prove them wrong. Its pointless and I have offended people which is just wrong.

So, got to go. Long Gone Silver. I just belched firmly at work, a real loud and watery one, and panicked that I was going into dry drunk mode. Those phobias still there.

Love you all.

Five.

(its this time, and if I come back, then I really, really have no dignity. For goods sake five, stick to doing what you say you are gonna do)
Old 08-17-2006, 07:01 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Aw Five, you gotta come back!!! Well, no you don't gotta, but ... well, you would be missed terribly. Not everyone agrees with the 12 steps you know. Whilst I can see a lot of good in them there is stuff I don't really think is self empowering about it all either. Don't go just because of a little controversy .. dang! Life is controversial, we need controversy, sometimes it is the spice of life. Imagine how boring it would be it we all agreed on everything!!! I would be devastated, I am the great critic and analyst (in my own lunch box anyway).

Stay, we love you!!

peace and love,
Brigid
Old 08-17-2006, 07:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can't fathom what happened to you in AA that causes you to detest it so much that you want to shout down the members.

BUT, you haven't offended anyone, in my opinion. Trust me, it's good to hear the other side, because it's what leads to an intelligent decision rather than blindly following anything.

If you stay, we won't call you an idiot, I promise.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:16 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

So, got to go. Long Gone Silver. I just belched firmly at work, a real loud and watery one, and panicked that I was going into dry drunk mode. Those phobias still there.
No - you haven't got to, especially as you don't show much talent for going!! It's a choice, no musts...

An alternative might be to use here to learn how to react in a way that appeals to you more, that you find you're happier with. The advantage of that is you can take it and use it in other aspects of life. Much like me at works trying to get mey head round the politics - I won't stay forever but while I have a reason to I use it to teach me something I can use at the same time.

Alternatively you can go and immediately avoid what is bothering you, has that worked before?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

Five,
No one wants you to leave. And we've all had our opportunities to learn from here on SR. Again, I say, when *I* try to "shout someone down," it's a problem *I* have, that *I* have to work on improving.
You could share whatever caused this angst within you. You could stay OUT of the AA forum. You could choose to ignore those whose lives HAVE been helped by the principles of AA. You have MANY choices. Leaving is only one. And that may not be your best one.
We're family here, Five. That means we love each other. Period.

I hope you read this....

Shalom!
Old 08-17-2006, 07:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Is it the whining that's getting to you? Spiritual gigantism or all the god stuff?
Old 08-17-2006, 07:52 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

I'll miss you Five.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Later dude, I wish you peace.
Old 08-17-2006, 08:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by equus
- I won't stay forever but while I have a reason to I use it to teach me something I can use at the same time.
Yes, if there's learning and engagement of mind, if you benefit from being here, then there's reason to stay. If you've moved beyond, then it's time to go. Know I've benefitted from your words here, Five, and I wish you well whichever direction you choose.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by michski
Is it the whining that's getting to you? Spiritual gigantism or all the god stuff?
I really don't think this comment was needed.

I'll miss you, Five, but I can imagine what you mean, I been somewhat ambivalent about SR too after getting strange treatment for being not in any 12 Step Recovery program...I merely see this board as some playground now and I post the serious stuff at the SMART messageboards.

Marte
Old 08-17-2006, 11:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Chy

See ya when you get back!
Old 08-17-2006, 12:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Don't let the 12-Steppers get to you. Everybody to his own recovery. Good luck.

Clueless in the other LA
Old 08-18-2006, 01:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Shame you're going bud, but I can very much sympathise with your reasons. If you don't like 12 step programmes on an alcoholism forum you're always going to struggle. I know if I wasn't in the big tent, I'd be right there with you pissing in! But that's the nature of this prejudical beast.

Peace, and take care
Old 08-18-2006, 01:03 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

PS, why don't you use the "Ignore" button? Since I discovered it I've felt much more serene!
Old 08-18-2006, 12:52 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Take good care Five. And since this doesn't have anything to do with anything "Secular", I'm closing it.