Notices

Which Side Of Your Personality Do You Have?

Old 08-16-2006, 05:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Which Side Of Your Personality Do You Have?

Hi Im Sharon and Im an alcoholic.

On the radio this morning the DJ's were talking about how many times their wives damage the garage door when backing out or pulling in. The lady DJ commented that she never had any problems damaging the door and that she could back up her boat on and off the ramp at the river.

She explained that she had a strong male side to her personality.

My spouse and I were just talking about this topic last night wondering who was the stronger influence in our lives growing up. Mom or Dad?

Me, i had the strong domestic side from my mom. The alcoholic side from my mom.

The caring forgiving side from my dad. The strong male personality side from him. Early to bed, early to rise makes you healthy wealthy and wise kinda person. The preachy side from him. The work hard side from him. Work, play sleep hard.

My spouse....had more rearing from his mom as his dad worked the night shift for the local paper and slept during the day. So i see the domestic side, caring side of him due to his mom.

Soooo he lacked the learning ability of how to "fix-it" with things at home, cars, yard etc. But..... VERY KNOWLEDGABLE.

Me i should have been born a man instead of a women, yet my outter appearance is feminine. I like being strong.... but pretty strong... : )

Do men like strength in a women and do women like the femininity of a man?
Old 08-16-2006, 05:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

do women like the femininity of a man?
Let's call it sensitivity LOL

Yes, I do. My husband is a very caring and thoughtful person and I like that about him. He's able to carry on a conversation about more than football, beer or money and I like that too. He even notices when I get my hair cut!
I guess he got a lot from both parents because he's also quite handy fixing things around the house.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Originally Posted by aasharon90
Do men like strength in a woman and do women like the sensitivity of a man?
I certainly don't have a problem with a strong woman -- if nothing else I know I can rely on her -- provided she doesn't sit there playing dominance games with me... "Honey, you can little miss tough b*tch with the rest of the world all you want, but *not* with *me* -- it just won't work otherwise"... I don't really have a preference either way -- both have their advantages. What it comes down to is how she acts (or reacts) towards me.

(What's that old formula? "A master chef in the kitchen, a schoolmarm in public or the living room, and a complete wanton in the bedroom"? -- its chauvinistically dated, I know, but you get the point).

On the flip side, my experience has been that one-on-one, women seem to enjoy my sensitive side. When they're in groups or in public however, they seem to scorn it since I'm not putting out the accepted "image" -- you know, chest puffed out, strutting around playing "Mr. Macho Man".

As for family influences, please do NOT get me started on my parents.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm a 37 year old female. I definitely have a very male personality, or whatever our society considers typical male.
My dad was always the head of the household and had the say in everything. My mom completely relied upon him when it came to driving (she didn't and doesn't drive at all), fixing things in the home, making decisions, taking action.
My mom is a very caring person who provided my handicapped brother and me with a lot of love. She read stories to us and discussed world politics. She was and is a better friend than my dad due to his authority status.
However, I believe I inherited his temper and personality. I have always viewed myself as a leader, a decision maker, a person "in charge", while caring for and loving my family. Thank God, my own husband puts up with my often volatile temper, my cravings for decision-making and control. I know he likes me to be who I am because he feels that with my personality, things will always get done. We both rise early and retire early after a hard day's work. But when my personality is mixed with alcohol, it is NOT pretty.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Greetings comrade!
I too am a 37-year old female, of nearly full-blooded German decent. I swear it's in the blood that we have these demanding personalities, all about control and getting things done organization, etc. Such driving intensity! Makes for quite the dedicated addict. Good luck with that.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys for ur shares. Much appreciated. : )

I often wondered if what's in our blood has something to do with our personalities....hope im saying that right.....since im a full blooded Italian I often wonder if my temperment has something to do with who or what I am.

A Hot blooded Italian Alcoholic. YIKES Say that 3 times.... lol
Old 10-09-2006, 04:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Any strong, tough, mind set, people here in SR? Any layed back, easy going type people here in SR? Do u were the pants in ur household? Or the apron? lol Just wondering...since we all are different in certain ways and yet we r the same in our recovery. Did i say that right?