Notices

People Who Want It/Need It/Do It

Old 08-15-2006, 06:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Question People Who Want It/Need It/Do It

This has been floating around in my head here lately so I want to get it out there. If you need to move this somewhere else that is OK.

During my time in the program I have heard that this is a program of people who want it, not people that need it. I have thought about that for awhile now and I have come to the conclusion that I believe that this is a program for people who just do it. I mean some days I really don't think that I want it, but then again I just do the things that I need to do. OK there is want and need in the same sentence but it all comes down to just doing it right?

Whether it is NA-AA-Smart-Ring-Christian Based-Karma-ETC isn't it that we are just doing the deal? OK I am done thanks for letting me share.

Love Vic
Old 08-15-2006, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Vic

For me I just get on with it, basically one foot in front of the other and keep it in the day. I look at what I am doing today and just do it, try not to think about drinking/drugging, and plam my day like that.

I don't think I have surrendered, but its not important so long I do don't drink today.

Love Rose
Old 08-16-2006, 07:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I think it is all three, wanting to , needing to, and doing it. I am doing it one day at a time, do what I have to do to get me thru the day and try to keep busy and do some things I enjoy.

Anne
Old 08-16-2006, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I think it is something that you need to do but in order to acheive it you must want it as well. There are plenty of addicts that need to do something but don't want to do it or don't realize that they need to do it. I think the need is first and then you do it only when you accept that you have a problem and then want it. When you want it then you just do it.

GP