Notices

Sober for 4 days and forever.

Old 08-10-2006, 08:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sober for 4 days and forever.

My mix of regular tylenol type of drugs and drinking has now just about killed me. My liver is so damaged I don't know yet what I can do to bring it back. I can't even take painkillers right now and of course there is alot more to the story then this. I have more tests tomorrow, and I am just praying for me and my kids that they don't tell me there is nothing i can do.

Praying for all you guys in recovery, and if you're gonna drink.. don't take tylenol with it.

I can honestly say, I now have NO CHOICE but to never drink again.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

HI and welcome.

I am sorry to hear about your situation, I do send my thoughts and good wishes your way. Keep up your chin, there is always hope.

Peace, Levi
Old 08-10-2006, 10:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Smile we got no choice

I totally relate. When I got sober, my system couldnot take any more. The combination of alchohol and cocaine was too much. A blessing, in retrospect, it forced me to get clean. As hard as it was, I am here to say, fourteen months later, that it definately gets easier. Trust me. I didnot think it would ever get easier. It did. Good luck.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you both.

I can tell you I am so terrified right now of what's gonna happen to me, that I am just praying.. and I can't even think about booze.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by someday
Thank you both.

I can tell you I am so terrified right now of what's gonna happen to me, that I am just praying.. and I can't even think about booze.
I am here praying with you.
Old 08-10-2006, 10:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

*hugs*
Old 08-10-2006, 11:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you. Keep my boys in your prayers too. I am so heartbroken at how I have destoryed myself
Old 08-10-2006, 11:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Thank you. Keep my boys in your prayers too. I am so heartbroken at how I have destoryed myself
I sure will someday.

Right now, lets work on the new day, your new 24 hours. Sending prayers and comforting cyberhugs your way.
Old 08-10-2006, 11:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mamacat
I hope you get good results soon. It can take 6-12 months, but the liver can do an amazing job of healing itself...as long as you don't do any MORE damage to it.

My sister and I did a lot of research on this on the net after I tried to take a bottle of Advil and a huge bottle of alcohol, and it said that the damage can still build for 3 to 6 months after, but then starts to get better. As long as you don't hurt it anymore.

Everything is functioning great now. I am hoping the same for you. And I treasure the second gift I have been given of a healthy body. Hang in there.

Thank you. I need to hear things like this. My problems(besides the booze of course) was in taking prednosone for years because of asthma, taking allergy meds daily (FOR YEARS) that contained acetometopne, taking advil and motren daily for back aches, and recently other perscription meds when I broke my foot.. I am so worried. Right now we are still doing tests. They ahve ruled out gull stones, and they are doing a cat scan tmw.

I never had a single symptom of this before I started getting this small dull pain and decided to check it out. The enzymes were SO HIGH they were shocked and were surprised when I checked in with a 0.0 alcohol blood content. I had not been drinknig for 4 days when (today) I went to the doc and got this news. I had no idea. god knows how long it's been building.

I hope your right, because I don't plan to do anymore to myself.. and I just threw my cigs away as well.. (I *HOPE* I can do that) .. I know I realize it's alot of changes at once, but I have no choice. I look at the face of my sweet little boys and I know, that I have no choice.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Prayers and Hugs coming your way
Old 08-11-2006, 04:03 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

((((((hugs))))))) to you.

Just to let you know; the liver is a VERY resilient organ...

Hope you are ok...
Old 08-11-2006, 04:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Someday,

I am keeping you in my thoughts. Please keep us posted. Welcome to SR.
Liss
Old 08-11-2006, 07:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks again everyone.

Day 5 without incident or even the wrestling thoughts.

Going for more tests today. Wish me luck.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Naps are good.

Congratulations on 5 days and welcome to SR!That's admirable that you are giving up cigarettes and alcohol at the same time. I started smoking again recently because giving up alcohol was so painful. Now I wish I would have just stuck it out a few more weeks. This is my 7th week of sobriety and I am finally starting to feel happier. I have such a sense of peace and joy that I didn't have before.

This is just my humble opinion, but if you find that it is just too difficult to give up alcohol and cigarettes at the same time, then pick up the cigarettes, but RUN from the alcohol. For me, at least, it's much easier to smoke in moderation than it is to drink in moderation. I realize how crazy that sounds - smoking at all is harmful - but for me right now it is the lesser of two evils. I have quit smoking before and I know I can do it again. Last time I quit for about 6 years. I used nicorette gum for a couple of months and it REALLY helped. Unfortunately there is no such gum for quitting alcohol!

I can smoke a cigarette and not want another one for a few hours. But alcohol? one drink always leads to two..........then three.......then two bottles of wine plus a few beers...

Sounds like your situation with your health is MUCH more serious than mine, so I guess you have to do what you feel you have to do. Pray for extra GRACE. Sending prayers your way, and for your boys too. I have two boys myself.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

TexasDawn, I agree with you on the smoking issue, this is my 10th day of being sober and i smoke cigarettes which I want to quit also but I think it would be too much to quit both at the same time, so I am going to wait til a later date to quit smoking, I have quit smoking a few times in my life so I think i should be able to. I also can smoke a couple of cigarettes and then not smoke for a few hours, I could never do that with alcohol.
Old 08-11-2006, 09:00 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

someday

Keep on keeping on. There is hope. At least you stopped in time. Hug your boys. Follow orders from your doctors. Hope. And pray for yourself. There is a good life to be had without addictive substances. I've been living it for quite some time. You can too. Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.

I looked at this share last night, just after you started it. I didn't post then because I didn't feel right about it. I don't know why. I'm still on my journey too. God isn't finished with me yet.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hi Someday,

Don't lose hope. It is amazing the repairs our bodies can make once we stop drinking and start taking care of ourselves. Do exactly what the doctors tell you to do and you will be ok.

I've heard a lot of stories of damage to health and a lot of stories about health restored in AA. I thought I was going to die last year and am fine now.

Hang in there.

Jup.
Old 08-12-2006, 02:59 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My mix of regular tylenol type of drugs and drinking has now just about killed me. My liver is so damaged I don't know yet what I can do to bring it back. I can't even take painkillers right now and of course there is alot more to the story then this. I have more tests tomorrow, and I am just praying for me and my kids that they don't tell me there is nothing i can do.

Praying for all you guys in recovery, and if you're gonna drink.. don't take tylenol with it.

I can honestly say, I now have NO CHOICE but to never drink again.
Hello Someday,

Thank you for posting this because it is giving me strength right now, which I need. I know that may sound strange, so I hope I can return the favor a little.

I SOOOO identify with what you are saying. At the end of last year I had to get a physical for a new job. My liver enzyme numbers weren't through the roof, they were through the atmosphere. One, I forget which, which should have been around 30, was about 1100!! I was scared s***less to say the least. Well, I quit on the spot with an extremely rough first week. I continued to get check ups, almost on a weekly basis, and the numbers improved dramatically pretty quickly. I was also given two ultrasounds and was diagnosed with a severe fatty liver, which is the stage right before cirrhosis. Luckily, the liver can recover from this point. Make sure to talk to your doctor and get all the info you can.

Unfortuately, for a variety of reasons, but all pointless because in the end it was my responsibility for putting the glass to my lips again, I fell off the wagon. Well, like you were yesterday, I am on day four again. This time, and I don't know why, but I feel more relaxed and serene, so I have more confidence about staying sober. I have to do it for my heath.

Let's keep on this board together and we can help each other through this with everyone else's help too, deal?
Old 08-12-2006, 09:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

*BUMP*

Someday,

How are you doing? Let us know, please.
Old 08-12-2006, 09:44 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Someday, Welcome to SR -- hope you find the support you need! We are all pulling for you.