Notices

Words Can't Explain...help...

Old 08-10-2006, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Words Can't Explain...help...

It has been about 3 weeks sober (alcohol, cigarettes, caffeine, and almost anything else!) and I can feel relapse right behind me...so I guess I have to keep going forword, one step at a time, easier said then done....................
Its always easy after I get Fked the night before, I always feel motivated ...but then...u know...
I really need advice on what to do... Im going back to school in like 3 weeks and I need a whole **** load of information on how to fix my head, raise my iq (I was in the gifted program in elementary)regenerate brain cells, intense studying....and on..maybe some great sites????
->other info-> I havent been to school in almost 2 yrs, havent been very social in like 1 yr...guess its the major anxiety(o ya and I dont want to see a mental health prof.)
I constantly feel like Im on a roller-coaster...feel very happy then depressed...right now its d....) look, Im sorry for this post, but try to help and be nice (I know I probably sound fked) thanks!
Old 08-10-2006, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Welcome to SR
Congratulations on your time collected.

I understand the motivation idea. You can replace/add to "that" motivation with a brisk walk, run, or a bike ride. Even a trip to the gym. Endorphins get released and give us our motivation with exercise of any sort.
AA meetings are a great place to gather info and added support as well.

Being as smart as you are, try not to over analyze the things you find on your journey. It works for others...it can work for you. Analyzed enough at that point.
Give it a try and find out what works for you from there.

Look at the posts at the top of each forum and you will see threads marked "sticky" beside them. They are a good source of helpful info as well.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Glad that you are here.

Each day will bring healing so keep taking it one day and one step at a time.

I can relate to your feelings.

We are here for you. Keep posting and reaching out.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

RenewedHope...
Just want to welcome you to SR!!!

So Welcome!!!!!

More will be along shortly with words of advice and wisdom....keep posting.....you can do it!!!!!!!!

Old 08-10-2006, 10:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Can you switch classes? I went and took survey classes my first semester sober so I could get my mental faculties "back in the groove".

You are in my thoughts tonight.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I still have to finish-up highschool...I wish I could just time-travel back about two yrs and never get high (weed)for the first time in the first place!
If it wasnt for the paranoia, I probably would have finished high school by now
(should have finished 2 yrs ago)...I just dont know how to explain...The paranoia is about people and my suroundings...It sometimes seems to me like I m ******** and dont know it, everybody around me can see it and just makes fun, in special ways by acting and word play.....Im confused!
Can anybody relate??? I really doubt it...
Its not always that bad, sometimes I get back to normal.. and it seems like Im actually smart and just see the other persons sub-conscience(or ego)
To me it seems like my mind thinks quickly, but not accuratly, or...I dont know ..you either no wat im talking about or you dont so tell me what u think Im trying to say..God I really need a few beers...you no beer actually raises my iq...lol
ps I like all your quotes esp. the 1 above me
Old 08-11-2006, 04:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Alera!!
Do you know how to comp. pro. ??
What lang. ??
The reason y i ask is because not to long ago I started reading about it and I really want to no...can u help out a loser please.
(read your profile) can you tell me how to get started ...some short-cuts.
( I need to see progress quickly or else I dont usually stay motivated)..Im learning to type ..I have 'Bruces unusual typing' for that ..uuuuuunsdbkjbgkjr suks ..Its really easy though..ah..NEED ALCOHOL!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 05:25 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Renewed Hope - Welcome to SR. Please know that this site is a safe place we come to to talk and share about recovery. I encourage you to continue to share your experience, strength and hope around stopping and staying stopped!

Cravings are very common when we commit to changing our life. My favorite ways of getting though cravings are going to a meeting (have you tried AA?), reading recovery literature, calling a sober friend, exercise, napping, reading something inspiring or just getting out of the house to do something different like going for coffee or a movie.

Hang in there. Sobriety is simple, but not easy!
Old 08-11-2006, 05:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Whoa buddy!! Take a deep breath and Hang on!! Remember the reason you quit drinking. How did that last drunk feel? We are here for you. Just don't drink, one minute at a time!!

Keep posting!!
Old 08-11-2006, 05:38 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

Also, to the ideas Phinny posted, you may want to eat some chocolate or suck on some hard candy. Fruit juice may also help.

When we stop drinking, our bodies crave that sugar the alcohol use to turn into!!
Old 08-11-2006, 06:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

There's lots of good advice here RenewedHope and lots of information too.

Take a look around and you'll find lots of hope!
Old 08-11-2006, 06:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

ty..all of u..ty
Im only 19 and it really feels like I screwed my life up badly...
The last drunk felt ...I have mixed feeling
My main reason for registering, is to get 'quick fixes', What I desperatly want is to be normal again, but I feel like its hopeless
Old 08-11-2006, 06:15 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Hello Renewdhope, just like to echo the others here and Welcome you to SR.

Congrats on wanting to change your situation...!

Old 08-11-2006, 06:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Being only 19 and finding what you know is not hopeless.
Some don't find or see a need for change till they have lost a house and family 30 years later. If a person can find answers at 50, how much more of a chance do you think you have?
May feel hopeless at the moment but it isn't.
As you look around the boards here, you will see many of us who have found a way out of the alcohol or drug life style.

It can be done and you can do it.
Old 08-11-2006, 06:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
NOT EVEN 1 CLUB!!

You are very young and fortunate to realize you have a problem so early!! You can make a change in your life. I'm sorry to say, there is no "quick fix" for alcoholism. But there are many solutions to the problem.

Check out some recovery programs and find one that works for you. Quitting drinking is not easy, but it is simple!!
Old 08-11-2006, 07:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Paused

I was in my early forties suffering from that feeling of hopelessness. You have your whole life ahead of you. You can change your life and there is a solution. No matter how hopeless you feel, there is always hope. I know, I'm living proof of that. Seek out some recovery programs. Things don't change on their own. It takes action and guidance to change...
Old 08-11-2006, 10:01 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

heres a quote->"What doesnt kill u only makes u stronger"

thats BS!

(for me...thats BS 4 me)
Old 08-11-2006, 10:11 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
alcohol-kicked-my butt

sorry for your pain--i dont know if its a good idea to quit everything at once--just work on alcohol for now--my 2 cents
Old 08-11-2006, 10:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

RenewedHope,

I understand that things look really dismal to you right now.

But, there is hope, there is always hope.

You've gotten off-track, but you can work things out. And, you are right, there are no quick fixes for alcoholics. And, you can't be normal again, as far as drinking is concerned, but you can lead a happy, productive, successful life.

Keep visiting SR because, as you can see, there is lots of support here.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:12 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I like the handle "Renewed Hope" sorta like my signature "hope springs eternal". As long as you have breath there is hope. Don't give into your disease/addiction and die. So long as you have breath you can choose something different for yourself. You are lucky to realize that you have this choice.

Peace, Levi