Notices

Group homes

Old 11-26-2002, 08:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Group homes

MG,
I got on line today to see what kind of group homes there are here. There are none. Dont worry about being picky. Theres probably a few other places in the state. Nothing here for a child with a psychiatric illness.There was one for abused children.
I would be interested to know about where you work. You take care of children or adults, In an earlier post you mentioned children but I have also heard you mention adults. Just curious and want more facts.
Jared was ok tonight. I took him his big stuffed animals so he could build his nest. He has his own room, which I like. He was whiney but was a gold star.

Best to you and your lovely daughter,
Sidney
Old 11-26-2002, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi Sidney,

I'm with children and adults right now. I have two jobs. One is on the weekends and one during the week.

It would probably be much better if they diagnosed Jared with autism. I think there is a lot more available for developmentally disabled than for mentally disabled.

Social Services should be able to answer your questions I think? Someone should have a list of group homes. If you were in California I would be able to help. I'm not sure what they do where you are.

I'll see what I can find when I have time. I know I saw things the last time I was looking for you. I'll see if I can find it in my history folder.

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-26-2002, 08:46 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

MGs Patience

MG,
at one time they thought it was an autistic disorder . The last two years have changed their minds. It as if this diagnosis is definatly working against him.His psychotic symptoms are clear, as his parinoia.
Where are you in California, I grew up there and my parents live in Santa Monica. Im wondering if there is more to offer in another state.

Sidney
Old 11-26-2002, 09:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I'm about an hour north of Santa Monica. There is a lot to offer here. If he can be diagnosed with autism too he's in.

I could take him in my home. Wouldn't that be funny.

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-26-2002, 10:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Milk and Quackers

They have decided its not autism because he is too aware of his surroundings and he acts psychotic.

Sidney
Old 11-26-2002, 10:14 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

sorry to repeat

I guess I brought up your daughtes address by mistake. I am going to talk to the doc about changing his dx

Sidney
Old 11-26-2002, 10:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Everything that I've read says scitzophrenia? starts at puberty usually or older? What do I know though.

Is his IQ 70 or below?

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-26-2002, 10:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

MGs Patience

MG,
Jareds IQ is in the normal range. about 100.

Sidney
Old 11-26-2002, 10:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Ok, back to square one.

We need a placement for mental illness then.

I'm sure they will have some placement options.

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-26-2002, 10:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

MGs Patience

I have seen him in psychotic states. Not a pretty sight. I would rather have a child that was ******** because then they might feel some happiness instead of torture and voices screaming in his head. I know they usually dont diagnosis schizophrenia in children but it's there. 1 in 1000, versis young adult onset . 1 in 100. I have researched this so much plus all the meds. Im emersed (sp) in knowledge I cant do anything with.

Sidney
Old 11-26-2002, 10:33 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I guess it all boils down to acceptance again. We accept the things we cannot change and change the things we can. I've seen my son phychotic from drugs and alcohol. It's scarey. Our last episode wasn't pretty either. I had to lock all the knives and sharp objects in the trunk of my car.

That was a couple of months ago. I've been so busy that they are still in my trunk. I don't even have a fork in the house. I've been using spoons for everything. My daughter came over to help me do dishes and washed 45 spoons. She was really laughing at me. I'm just a little nuts.

Hugs
MG

Old 11-26-2002, 10:41 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

MGs Patience

MG,
I started locking the knives in my room when Jared was 4. One of his recent hospital stays ( I think time before last) was due to him grabbing a knife and coming after me. He said the voices were telling him to do it. Commmand hallucinations. Whatever.

Best Sidney
Old 11-26-2002, 10:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Have you seen It's a beautiful mind yet. That was amazing that he could separate all the real from the imagined.

Old 11-26-2002, 10:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

MGs Patience

When you have time check into placement in CA. When I got on line I found lots of places , none in NM. I really wanted to live in Washington.

Sidney
Old 11-26-2002, 10:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

ok, I'll see what I can find. I used to have the phone number of the person who ran it, but probably could never find it now. I'll check around.

Old 11-26-2002, 10:52 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

MGs Patience

MG,
I of course saw "Its a beautiful Mind." It was a good movie to make the public aware of schizophrenia but it was a tad bit unrealistic. Visual hallucinations like that are extremly rare. I have researched him (of course) and most of his hallucinations were auditory. Nash was given his nobel prize before the shizophreina set in. Of course he still deserved it. Maybe his wife deserved one too.

Sidney
Old 11-26-2002, 10:56 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I really liked the movie with Diana Ross playing a person with schizophrenia. That movie really touched me. Did you see that one?

Last edited by Morning Glory; 11-26-2002 at 11:03 PM.

Old 11-26-2002, 11:06 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

MGs Patience

Dont worry about it too much. I cant go anywhere now. Im doing somthing wrong on the board (as usual). I have to back all the way out and check my email and then read your link. I can tell when your there I just dont know how to stay on the board. So if it takes me awhile to get back to you thats why.

Again my friend , thankyou

PS. What did you think of my "H", Hopefully it thew you off.(an afterthought just for fun)Not my intention. but I knew it was out there somewhere and I couldnt find it. Thanks for pinning it down for me.

Love, Sidney
Old 11-26-2002, 11:16 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

The H was funny. You need to refresh the board. I know you couldn't find a button but when you go to the second page of this post. Right click on the page and a little menu will open. Click refresh and it will show all the posts.

I am falling asleep in my chair so I must go to bed now. I'm so tired.

See you tomorrow.

Hugs