Notices

intrusive thoughts

Old 11-22-2002, 11:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

intrusive thoughts

MG,
Dont know what I'm doing wrong but I feel like were playing phone tag. Please deleat my last disturbing post. Most of it was gone but not the worst partl Still waking up with it and coming home from work with it.

Blessings,
Sidney
Old 11-23-2002, 07:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Sidney,

Do you have any trauma in your past with fire?

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-23-2002, 10:32 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

I deleted that part of your post Sidney. I am working on weekends from 3-11 and will check the boards around midnight.

See you later,

MG

Old 11-23-2002, 09:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Fire

I have never experienced a fire at all. The most fire I see is the barbeque in my back yard. thats one of the reasons I couldnt understand this awful vision. Besides that I have no personal trama related to fire. Im generally not afraid of it. I have a wood stove in my bedroom.

I slept all day long. I watched Haley this afternoon so Jen could work. But I feel asleep every chance I got. Hours of sleep. Probably be up all night but I couldnt help myself. I wanted to clean my house today, at least my room. I wanted to stay asleep and it felt good.

Hope work went ok for you.
Sidney

PS. I got rid of a few things I said because I still dont understand the Trigger thing. I dont want to keep sending you PM"S because Im not sure you always get them.
Old 11-24-2002, 12:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hi Sidney,

I'm glad you slept and got some rest. When you start a new thread simply write "may trigger", "trigger" or "Very triggering" in the subject area along with the title of your topic when it is going to be on information that may upset someone. You can abreviate as MT, T, VT. That gives everyone warning that it may trigger a flashback for them. You can talk about anything you want to. That's what the board is for. We just try to give others warning so they can choose whether to read it or not.

There doesn't need to be a reason for an intusive thought like this. It can simply be from worry and stress. Just try to accept it.

All these thoughts and anxiety really can get old. I know I get sick of it. Sometimes I just wish I could be normal. There doesn't seem to be a reason anymore to feel so nervous, but I still do at times.

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-24-2002, 12:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Sidney,

I talked to my daughter who has vivid intrusive thoughts like yours. She said that she has learned in therapy that the intrusive thought is an immediate distraction of an emotion or feeling that is overwhelming. She said she has learned to write down the way she felt right before the intrusive thought and put her attention on the feeling rather than the thought. Then it's a process of discovering what the root of that emotion is and work it through that way.

My intrusive thoughts aren't as vivid, but I'm going to try that too and try to figure it out.

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-24-2002, 08:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

MGs Patience

Thank you for further looking into the intrusive thoughts issue. It, somhow make me feel good that you spent time with you own daughter on this issue. This was the worst so far and couldnt figure out where it came from. Today was ok as far as the intrusive thoughts go but bad with jared. two episodes. Tried to call his therapist. NO answer. Been trying since Thursday to get ahold of someone. no one is answering my phone calls. I am sick to death of it. He is getting worse by the day. I know I cant take care of him and Im getting really angry at the lack of responce from the so called docs

Sidney.
Old 11-25-2002, 12:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Sidney,

I go through that all the time with the doctors. It's very frustrating. I hope you have someone helping you. That's just too hard to handle alone. I'm sorry you all have to go through this. I wish there was something more I could do.

Hugs,
MG

Old 11-25-2002, 07:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Milk and Quackers

Thanks for your post. Im probably wearing you poor mother out. She told me that you had intrusive thoughts. They catch me off guard and make no sense. The one I posted before was the most disturbing on Ive ever had. That's why I asked your mom to deleate it. I guess, either I havnt figured it out, or we cant deleate things ourselves.
I really appreciate you response. I had a busy afternoon addmitting my son to the childrens psyche hospital once again. I makes me anguished and heart broken. every time I feel like a failure. I have talked to MG about Jared and his past. She has been very supportive.
So maybe Ill give her a break tonight since I got to talk to you. Whats it like being on the same board as your mother, especially since shes the boss. (That was supposed to be a joke but didnt have much umph to it.)
Look forward to talking to you again.

Blessings,
Sidney