SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Anxiety Disorders (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/anxiety-disorders/)
-   -   Struggling with Anxiety (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/anxiety-disorders/447074-struggling-anxiety.html)

Alysheba 04-23-2020 12:06 PM

Struggling with Anxiety

The last couple of weeks have been so anxiety ridden, this week being the worst so far.&nbsp; I'm still weaning off gabapentin, so that could be part of it.&nbsp; It's so, so hard to get through this.&nbsp; I'm thankful to be speaking with my psychiatrist today on the phone and get his view point.<div>Love, peace and prayers to anyone who suffers with anxiety disorders.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>

least 04-23-2020 04:03 PM

Re: Struggling with Anxiety

<div>I've been anxious myself a lot lately, and not just because of the virus. <br></div><div>I hope your weaning off gabapentin goes smoothly.&nbsp; Hugs for you.<br></div>

Dee74 04-23-2020 04:25 PM

I'm sorry you're anxious Aly - thinking of you and wishing you the best - you are not alone :)

D

Astro 04-24-2020 06:50 AM

You will definitely never be alone in this Aly, early sobriety for me was months wracked with heavy anxiety. I hope that coming off the gabapentin helps, I used a med but was glad to wean off it. I still treat my own anxiety by leaving town and getting into the mountains, it calms me, but that's just what works for me. Sending you hugs, I hope you have a peaceful weekend.&nbsp;

Hevyn 04-24-2020 09:07 AM

I hope part of it is the Gaba, Aly. I feel anxious and unsettled too. It comes in waves. I will be doing ok & then get a sudden jolt of unease.
Love you Aly - hoping for brighter days to come soon.

Alysheba 04-24-2020 09:47 AM

Thank you so much for you kind support.&nbsp; it means so much that I have so many meaningful friendships here and people who care.<div>Love and peace to anyone else struggling.&nbsp; This is a very unsettling time for so many of us.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div><div>Thank you my dear, dear friends.&nbsp;&nbsp;</div>

Dee74 04-24-2020 04:22 PM

:c014:

D

courage2 04-24-2020 05:17 PM

I'm so sorry I didn't see this (((Aly))). I've been up-and-down myself and not checking things like New Posts very carefully. You have my total sympathy. Today I spent in bed a lot, tense as a wire, not sleeping, but the thought of doing anything has been completely intimidating. I wish I could help you! Read stupid books. Listen to audio books about Renaissance artists. Take warm baths. :dunno: Is there an exercise you can have that isn't painful? What did your shrink say? :hug: P.S. Isn't it grand that smilies are working again? :D

Alysheba 04-25-2020 09:45 AM

Thank you, Cour. My shrink thinks I need to get off the gabapentin ASAP. So he safely sped up the last couple of pills I'm trying to get off, so instead of months, hopefully in a couple/few weeks, that will be done with. Then he's going to call me again in the beginning of May and we'll talk again soon. He thinks the shelter in place is getting to me and I told him I was forcing myself to walk, etc. He said, as we all know, it's starting to get to some of us. I need to do shopping for my mom and myself for some reason the thought of going to the grocery store shopping is just filling me with dread and angst. I really don't want to leave the house at all right now. At the best of times, I don't like shopping at all, now I am absolutely so anxiety ridden, it seems almost impossible. The stores aren't delivering anymore, so I can't do that. I'll pick a day and white knuckle it. Your support means so much to me. Cour, I know you're struggling too, least, a lot of us. My shrink did tell me I wasn't going psychotic or anything (I worry sometimes ?). Sometimes I feel paralyzed.Love, peace and prayers to my friends and anyone struggling with anxiety disorders of any kind. Anxiety is so difficult to live with and a lot of people suffer in silence. Nice to know I can be honest and know people understand and have such wonderful things to say.I hope this turns out! I love you all.

least 04-25-2020 08:33 PM

It will be good when you can finally come off the gabapentin altogether. :hug:

Alysheba 04-26-2020 10:09 AM

Thank you, Least. I think that I may be able to be off of it sooner than I thought. I know it won't be a miracle cure, as I've been suffering from severe anxiety since I was a teenager, only no one knew what it was back then or why a young, healthy girl was feeling that way. The doctors said I had the flu. Thankfully medicine has come a long way and I have a wonderful shrink. I think, when I needed him most and I had the least, I somehow found the best one I've ever had, and so kind. Looking back, someone was watching over me. Anaya, I think that was one of the doors opening that I didn't notice at the time. So glad you made me think of that.Anyhow, I appreciate you all so much and prayers for anxiety to be lessened all around.

D122y 04-26-2020 11:10 AM

I am a bit of the chicken or the egg. Did I get anxious from drinking or would I have had anxiety anyway.

Guess it doesn't matter, bottom line is I am anxious.

I have various things I do and use to be less anxious. I don't take any RX meds.

The half life of meds might be longer than booze.

I am 5 years without a relapse and I still feel oddly stress/depressed/anxious/ etc.

You are not alone.

I dare not offer any advice since I am not a Dr.

Thanks.

D122y 04-26-2020 11:12 AM

Can't fix my typos. sorry.