Notices

affection / intamicy anxiety

Old 02-08-2020, 05:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

affection / intamicy anxiety

Hey guys,

Long time since I've posted. Love the anonimity!!

Basically I'm trying every avenue to prevent face to face time! I live in a small town and as much as I know everything is dealt with the up most protection, I don't believe it.

Basically due to enjoying drink and drugs way more than the chase of 'pulling' on a night out (sorry) I've found myself experiencing this awful social/intamicy anxiety! I know there's things I can do to prevent the silly thoughts / barriers in my head ... Basically, I'd love some advice before (if needed) burdening our health service!!

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-08-2020, 07:56 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Undrgd

from other threads I guess you're about 4-5 weeks sober now?

Relationships, whether look long term or just one night, are difficult when you've probably not been sober for them before or at least not for a long time.

In all honesty I think I'd focus on the not drinking now and see what happens regarding other people and affection and intimacy.

You may find that taking a little time to get to know who sober you is first, will help all the other things you want fall into place?

D
Old 04-12-2020, 06:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Give Time Time.

I immediately enjoyed my space, my ability to think about hobbies.

I enjoyed the result of not having caused any mayhem, myself, yet another day. The money stretched better.

The emotions were raw but frankly not so frightening as before. The chinks of hope were a lot bigger.