Notices

Soreness in front of neck and .... Anxiety?

Old 10-13-2019, 01:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sober date 9-30-19

Soreness in front of neck and .... Anxiety?

Hi all
I'm a recovering alcoholic. Sober 2 weeks now but I also have an anxiety disorder. Had it all my life. Has anyone ever felt like the front of your neck is sore and a numbness sensation In your chin area?.... I freak out about everything and always think the worst. I have obsessive thoughts and always think I have some kind of disease or something. ... Have any of you ever had those symptoms ive mentioned with your anxiety?

-Tara
Old 10-13-2019, 02:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Abstinence Apprentice

Congrats on 2 weeks!

Could the anxiety be causing you to grind your teeth? Some folks grind their teeth in their sleep. Also, you might consider something dental could be the culprit. I know that heavy drinking doesn't promote good oral hygiene and any problems might be masked by the alcohol. Anyway, not offering any medical advice, just putting some ideas out there.
Old 10-13-2019, 02:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sober date 9-30-19

Originally Posted by Steadwell View Post
Congrats on 2 weeks!

Could the anxiety be causing you to grind your teeth? Some folks grind their teeth in their sleep. Also, you might consider something dental could be the culprit. I know that heavy drinking doesn't promote good oral hygiene and any problems might be masked by the alcohol. Anyway, not offering any medical advice, just putting some ideas out there.
I don't think its from grinding my teeth. I have no top teeth, had them all pulled months ago and have a temporary top denture which I take out every night before I go to sleep. So idk... That's why I was wondering if maybe Its anxiety related. Hate dealing with anxiety, the over worrying and all. Ugh!
Old 10-14-2019, 05:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
I have not experienced this but I do struggle with anxiety, my suggestion would be to consult with your doctor. I'm glad you've decided to join us, congratulations on your sober time!