Notices

Booze free for 7 months.. GAD

Old 11-15-2016, 08:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Booze free for 7 months.. GAD

Haven't been officially diagnosed yet but I have been put on anxiety medication by my family doc. They prescribed buspar 15mg 2x per day. The first few weeks were exhausting but it's been 5 weeks now and I feel like a new person. I really feel like most of my drinking issues were because of anxiety. Anxiety from life or is it more of a inherited thing I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure my son is ADHD even though he's not been diagnosed. And I am trying to homeschool him. I feel like 75 percent of my anxiety is because he drives me crazy. I know I need to have him evaluated and see a therapist but it's frightening, and I don't want him labeled. Hes almost 8. Anyway.. My point is the meds have really calmed me down and I'm able to think clearly about my situation with my son. Thank god!
Old 11-16-2016, 02:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Glad to hear things are looking up 83mama! Sounds like you are doing all the right things. No one has to know your son sees a therapist, so don't worry about anyone labeling him.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good job on your sobriety! There is a great book called Scattered, by Gabor Mate, that discusses the ADD traits.. how it runs in families, the anxiety component, etc. My girlfriend's son had a lot of that also, when I first met him at age 6, but has really calmed down now, and he's 9. There are many techniques to try that do not involve medication. Mate wrote a great one on addiction too.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I’ve just been prescribed this and I’m trying to quit drinking also. I’m just now starting the medicine. I’m a nightly drinker. I’m weaning off slowly. Did you take this and still drink? I can’t quit cold turkey
Old 12-16-2018, 02:20 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bonniii View Post
I’ve just been prescribed this and I’m trying to quit drinking also. I’m just now starting the medicine. I’m a nightly drinker. I’m weaning off slowly. Did you take this and still drink? I can’t quit cold turkey
Hi Bonniii. Mixing medications is always risky and it warrants discussing this with your doctor perhaps. They may have other medications you could use while quitting. Good luck!