Crazy panic attack - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2018, 07:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Crazy panic attack

I am not sure what is happening but the last time I have experienced a panic attack was when I finally mastered up the courage to divorce and uproot my life. Not sure it is because I spent the last two days bowling my eyes out since for the first time I spent Xmas eve and day completely alone and the result is this panic attack. LUkily I had some valium still waiting for it to kick in my heart is still racing and I am prespiring and my breathing is not good.

Maybe because I dont know who I am anymore or am supposed to be. I dont know.

Also did not sleep all of Xmas eve and again due to the panic attack I cant sleep.

Any advise please. I cant not not spend another night not sleeping its messing me up further and the panic attack is still there.

I need advise please
Sidney14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sidney14 For This Useful Post:
ANewDayNYC (01-04-2019), Astro (12-25-2018), D122y (12-25-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 08:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Sidney, I sought professional help for my anxiety and panic, at one point even checking into an ER when it got so bad. I believe in prayer and meditation to calm myself now but I urge you to reach out for professional help if your anxiety and sleeplessness continues.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty, and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming---*WOW-What a ride*!"
Astro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Astro For This Useful Post:
hopeful4 (12-31-2018)
Old 12-25-2018, 09:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Blue Belt

Sid,

In my experience, exercise helps me to feel physical suffering and dissipate mental suffering. Consult your Doc before starting any new exercise regime.

If i had any extra strength I tried to do sit ups, squats and push ups and go for a run. That suffering won over the mental. Pains would appear in new places. Suddenly, I forgot I was having a panic attack and was more worried about getting oxygen.

It was hard when I was tired, but I still did it. I usually won't work out if I have a new fever, but if I have been sick for a day or so...I work out.

I always remember to hydrate as well. At least 64 ounces of water a day.

Thanks.

If you are taking rx meds, I have no experience. The effects vary w the situation. Dr's need to be involved.

When I crave I think of the next day after effects:

high blood pressure, sleep issues, strength loss, immune system compromise (sick).

BpSSS. My mantra.

Studied "alcohol kindling" and "alcohol PAWS."

Last intoxication: 8 May 15.
D122y is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to D122y For This Useful Post:
Astro (12-26-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 12:47 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have been going through the same thing. I hope that you have been able to get some rest. I finally broke down and went and seen a doctor for it. Itís been helping a little each day. Exercise and Meditation help if your able to do it. Praying also helps to calm me down and bring me out of it. Remember this is only temporary and will pass.
93619 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 93619 For This Useful Post:
Astro (12-29-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 01:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Sidney let us know how your doing. Did any of the suggestions help?
hopeful4 (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 03:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yes thank you. I started listening to a hypnosis on sleep so that has me falling asleep and staying asleep, unfortunately my doctor is away, also been jogging to jog through the anxiety. I just now need the motivation to clean up my place and myself I kind of have been letting myself go over the holiday season. I.e no selfcare not much selflove. Thank you so much for checking in with me
Sidney14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sidney14 For This Useful Post:
Astro (01-01-2019)
Old 01-01-2019, 09:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

Sidney,
Happy New Year. Glad to hear your getting some rest now and exercising. I was the same way, just didnít have the motivation to do anything. I had to force myself but once I started it became a lot easier and I started wanting to do more. Itís coming back slowly. Keep posting and let us know how your doing.
Astro (01-02-2019)
Old 02-27-2019, 02:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Auburnazd

Sidney-
I hope you are doing better. I go through panic attacks a lot. It sounds like you have experienced some trauma in your life and the beast of anxiety can appear out of nowhere sometimes. I lost my father, son, and 6 other people in 5 years and coped by smoking weed (and had for a total of 20 years because of other traumas). I went to rehab in Nov/Dec and although I am sober, alllll the emotions I smoked over are coming to a head now. I am lost at how to handle things most days but yes excercising helps and psychology/psychiatry can help too. If you donít believe in those methods, itís ok, just surround yourself around strong and supportive people and know that we are here if you need us. Venting and Renting are very cathartic and helpful. I wish you all the best.
Auburnazd is offline   Reply With Quote
Auburnazd found treatment at None (N/A)