Notices

Hello..new here?

Old 12-11-2018, 05:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello..new here?

I’m currently 27 weeks pregnant with my son. His father has not been supportive emotionally,financially,mentally,etc. just straight up abandoned me through out my pregnancy and it has me feeling real crappy. I struggle with anxiety and depression,and some days it’s almost more than I can take. My boyfriend is in jail. Not that he would be here if he wasn’t,because since I became pregnant it’s like he is disgusted by me. I stay angry and hurt constantly. Like some days I just wanna scream.

I tried therapy for a while but it didn’t help me. My therapist was a girl ͏younger than me,with no kids and seemed like she couldn’t relate to what I was saying. Zero help. So I stopped going. I am alone a lot except for the three days that I work a week. I feel like I’m going crazy sitting around and I’m not excited for this pregnancy. I considered adoption a few times and now I’m really starting to wonder if that’s the best route. Advice?
Old 12-11-2018, 08:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Adoption can be a very good option if your circumstances don't support raising a child alone. Sending you hugs.
Old 12-12-2018, 04:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome to SR Iris, I hope you find it helpful to post here and find some comfort. Have you considered consulting with a family counselor? Adoption can be a tender matter, and while advice from the masses can be helpful, I would also want to seek advice from a professional.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was 'forced' to listen to a motivational speaker this morning, as a part of a company training and team building day.

He said something based on an incident when he was in a military MASH hospital tent, severely damaged by a grenade blast ... the only thing that kept him from slipping into death was a single person that said to him at the critical moment ... don't give up, you have a purpose. He encouraged us to remember to give encouragement to others.

So, adoption issues aside, I would like to encourage you to press in and pray, to find relief and a path to freedom. Also, for me, I found freedom thru working the 12 Steps. No one thinks working the 12 Steps could possibly solve the problems they are going thru ... because if they did believe it, they would have already given themselves completely to working the program that has brought freedom to millions.

Again, I would like to encourage you to press in and pray, to find relief and a path to freedom.

RDBplus3 ... Happy, Joyous and FREE ... and I KNOW U Can B 2