Notices

Anxiety torture and obsessed with health conditions

Old 07-23-2018, 04:43 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lpg

Anxiety torture and obsessed with health conditions

Oh my, it's back!

I'm so tortured right now I'm waking up with anxiety everyday.
I'm obsessed with concerns about my health. I can't stop worrying about every ache and pain and I don't know whether I'm imagining it or if it's real. I'm exhausted living like this. I was at the doctors last week complaining of heavy chest pain. I feel like going back again but I'm just feeding my anxiety as I need constant reassurance, I get to a point I'd be at the doctors every week its not healthy and I'm taking up appointments for people who really need them.
I hate the way my brain works!
Old 07-23-2018, 05:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Still, I think that's something I'd speak to a medical care professional or therapist about. I'm sorry you're feeling this way. Overwhelming anxiety is so hard mentally and emotionally on us.
Old 07-23-2018, 06:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lpg

I just feel so alone and exhausted
Old 07-23-2018, 12:17 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Health anxiety for sure is rough, I went through it for a while myself pretty much living at the docs and urgent cares.
I would highly suggest to start seeing a therapist if you aren't already.
Old 07-23-2018, 02:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Lpg

Yeah I have seen a therapist I thought I had it covered, everything I learned has went out the window today. Can't see past it. Lack of sleep isn't helping. Today was dark but hopefully tomorrow is better.
Old 07-24-2018, 05:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Of the many things that can help with anxiety, my experience was that meditation, prayer, and fellowship with others calmed me down to an eventual place of peace. It takes some work.
Old 07-24-2018, 06:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
Of the many things that can help with anxiety, my experience was that meditation, prayer, and fellowship with others calmed me down to an eventual place of peace. It takes some work.
Thanks Astro maybe I need to practise meditation and prayer. I don't even know where to begin with prayer it's not something iv done alot of, I found myself in the prayer thread ad yesterday. At this moment I will try anything to help. Today I'm feeling better I had more sleep, I need to be prepared for the bad days. I barely moved yesterday but today I got up and right out for some light exercise and was social with friends. I tend to isolate myself and that's not healthy I get out of touch with everything when I do that. But today is better and I'm grateful for that.
Old 07-24-2018, 07:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

try this:

"My thoughts are unmanageable. Please guide my thinking today. Help me to do what you would have me do today. Help me to lay down my burdens. May I do Thy will today."

I have a God who wants the best for me. He wants me to be well and happy and to be of service to others. I know this to the core of my being.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:02 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
try this:

"My thoughts are unmanageable. Please guide my thinking today. Help me to do what you would have me do today. Help me to lay down my burdens. May I do Thy will today."

I have a God who wants the best for me. He wants me to be well and happy and to be of service to others. I know this to the core of my being.
Thanks biminiblue I shall try this tonight before bed. I feel better today. Its like I'm on a crazy roller-coaster right now. I think I need to plan better for myself when the rough days come.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Anxiety issues can be miserable and lack of sleep makes things worse. Meditation is a good tool to learn. I've found help in some great books. If you're interested:

Amen, Daniel Change Your Brain, Change Your Life
Bassett, Lucinda From Panic to Power
Burns, David MD When Panic Attacks
Chodron, Pema The Places that Scare You
Doidge, Norman MD The Brain that Changes Itself
Dyer, Wayne Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life
Orsilla, Ken Mindful Way Through Anxiety
Old 07-24-2018, 02:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Anxiety issues can be miserable and lack of sleep makes things worse. Meditation is a good tool to learn. I've found help in some great books. If you're interested:

Amen, Daniel Change Your Brain, Change Your Life
Bassett, Lucinda From Panic to Power
Burns, David MD When Panic Attacks
Chodron, Pema The Places that Scare You
Doidge, Norman MD The Brain that Changes Itself
Dyer, Wayne Change Your Thoughts, Change Your Life
Orsilla, Ken Mindful Way Through Anxiety
Thank you Anna, I will defo try meditation and check out these books thanks for the recommendations.
Old 07-25-2018, 05:24 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I had a book in early recovery titled How To Pray, and I passed it on to a young woman during my stay at a mental hospital. I hope it helped her as much as it did me.
Old 07-29-2018, 07:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hey LPG, how are you today ?
I suffer from extreme health anxiety and panic......it's completely crippling....I use alcohol to self medicate ….. sometimes the only peace I get is after a bottle of red wine....only for the anxiety to return even worse the next day.
I've had spells of being at the Dr every 2nd day ….. needing constant reassurance …. I've written letters to my kids, convinced I'm dying and the drs have missed something and so many other things.....it's absolute hell.

I've come to accept that I'll always have this …. accepting has made it easier to deal with.….I don't know if you take meds at all - but I take 10mgs of Citalopram every day - it doesn't cure anything but it definitely takes the edge off the anxiety and I can see it for what it is most of the time.

It's not easy ….. sending you big hugs. Hope you can find some peace.

xx
Old 08-04-2018, 05:02 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I have found cbt really helpful
Old 08-10-2018, 09:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by ShenzyT View Post
Hey LPG, how are you today ?
I suffer from extreme health anxiety and panic......it's completely crippling....I use alcohol to self medicate ….. sometimes the only peace I get is after a bottle of red wine....only for the anxiety to return even worse the next day.
I've had spells of being at the Dr every 2nd day ….. needing constant reassurance …. I've written letters to my kids, convinced I'm dying and the drs have missed something and so many other things.....it's absolute hell.

I've come to accept that I'll always have this …. accepting has made it easier to deal with.….I don't know if you take meds at all - but I take 10mgs of Citalopram every day - it doesn't cure anything but it definitely takes the edge off the anxiety and I can see it for what it is most of the time.

It's not easy ….. sending you big hugs. Hope you can find some peace.

xx
Hey sorry late reply I haven't checked thus thread in a while.

Yes its crippling and also very time consuming to the point some days I dont get anything done. I always found alcohol made me worse after my binges but temporarily relieved it on the count I was in oblivion.

I tried meds a few different times but unfortunately they made me feel abit away with it and my pupils became massive so I decided to stop using them it was freaking me out more.

Today my anxiety is up high again but trying to not let it snowball. its hard being trapped in the mind so Off to meditate for abit.

Lpg