Notices

I screwed up after 8 months and 24 days

Old 05-19-2019, 10:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I screwed up after 8 months and 24 days

Hi guys I was doing so good and I fell off the bandwagon. Any good advice? Been struggling 😥
Old 05-20-2019, 02:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Pistons

the best advice anyone can give you - and I'm not being flippant - is stop drinking.

If you're struggling with anxiety drinking is likely to be exacerbating that not helping you deal with it.

I drank to try and control my anxiety and I ended up with my original anxiety plus a new level of anxiety whenever I wanted a drink.

Apart from antabuse what else were you doing to stay sober those nearly nine months?

D
Old 05-20-2019, 02:55 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nothing is more important than what Dee has reminded you of here, that you have to stop and get through the period of letting your body detox the alcohol from your system.

Allow yourself to get to a place where your emotional inputs are not being distorted by a cycle of drinking.

During a period of strong anxiety, I have found it helpful to be around others who would understand and encourage me toward sobriety.

There are ways to deal with anxiety other than drinking that you may not have investigated or tried yet. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques have been a great benefit to me in managing my anxiety. It has also helped me to redirect my thoughts when I have been having any negative emotion or urge like drinking.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
It's not too late to start again, to seek help from other alcoholics and addicts, to begin a program of recovery. I'm glad you're back here posting, any step in the right direction is a positive action.
Old 05-20-2019, 05:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The only advice there is - stop drinking.

The early days of sobriety are uncomfortable. There is no way around that. Anxiety, fear, feeling like I wanted to crawl out of my own skin.

It passes with continuous sober time.
Old 05-20-2019, 11:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you....i appreciate all the comments