SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Anxiety Disorders (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/anxiety-disorders/)
-   -   First day (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/anxiety-disorders/424726-first-day.html)

milkman23 03-10-2018 03:52 PM

First day

Trying something different. Drank myself to near death last night and looking for support. Underlying anxiety issues have always been a problem. I need to fix this.

SoberLeigh 03-10-2018 03:55 PM

Welcome to SR, milkman. Very glad that you found us.

I hope that the encouragement, support and understanding that you find here will help put you on the road to a better way to live.

Stay close.

We care.

milkman23 03-10-2018 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by SoberLeigh (Post 6817631)
Welcome to SR, milkman. Very glad that you found us.

I hope that the encouragement, support and understanding that you find here will help put you on the road to a better way to live.

Stay close.

We care.

Thanks you very much. Appreciate the support.

SoberLeigh 03-10-2018 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by milkman23 (Post 6817648)
Thanks you very much. Appreciate the support.

The wonderful people here at SR are very supportive.

Astro 03-11-2018 07:13 AM

Sobriety is a good place to start milkman, I'm glad you've joined us. Welcome!

wildflower70 03-11-2018 07:20 AM

MM,

Someone is always here online day and night. This site had been very helpful for me to stay on track and reach the point of finding sobriety.

I have struggled, and have certainly felt the same as you in the past.
Try to rest today, be kind and loving to yourself and go one step at a time. We are all here for you, and believe in you! :grouphug:

Anna 03-11-2018 08:18 AM

Welcome, Milkman!

Underlying anxiety issues often lead to self-medication with alcohol. Anxiety is not easy to deal with but you can learn healthy ways to help manage it. I'm glad you are ready to stop drinking.

Forward12 03-11-2018 03:26 PM

I would give your insurance company a call and ask for the numbers of therapists in your area to start seeing. Alcohol is the absolute worst thing for anxiety, and really everything else.

SoberCAH 03-12-2018 01:06 PM

We are sure glad you decided to visit us and we hope you'll stay.

It is my studied opinion, based on years of experience, that alcohol doesn't fix anxiety or anything else.

Tc4ever 03-18-2018 07:27 AM

Milkman I had really bad anxiety after I stopped drinking that I ended up seeing a psychiatrist and getting help for it. It is much easier to deal with now than it was. There is a great big world with lot's of good things out there once your mind is made up to stop drinking. You will do it...
Peace
TC

Jim6253 03-20-2018 08:54 PM

Anxiety was one of the underlying factors of my alcoholism. First thing I could suggest is getting sober, and the best way to do that is Alcoholics Anonymous. As a matter of fact it's the only thing that ever worked for me. After you do that the rest will come! :)

KellyMuseum 03-29-2018 11:58 AM

Anxiety

Was why I drank. Meetings help now with the anxiety.