Notices

Withdrawls and panic attacks

Old 07-14-2017, 11:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Withdrawls and panic attacks

Im Britney. Im 27 and withdrawing from kolonopin, meth, heroin and alcohol. I've been sober for 3 months now. I have withdraw symptoms still. I've been to detox a few times and plan on going to rehab. I have anxiety type feeling withdrawals. My stomach hurts, I think about death, my stomach and arms burn, my lips and gums go numb. I'm on medication for these symptoms but still have them. Any advice on how to lessen them? Has anyone ever had this experien
Old 07-15-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome Britney! I didn't have those symptoms with my anxiety but other members might share their experiences. It is definitely something you might consider sharing with your Dr.?
Old 07-17-2017, 11:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's for sure one heck of a combination to come off of. I would stay in close contact with your doc about the issues and possibly start seeing a therapist if you aren't already. They can also help you with getting into rehab.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I strongly suggest you seek professional advice- soon, on this. Support to you.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

What does your doctor have to say? Some of these could be symptoms of something else, maybe not all from withdrawal. No, I only experienced depression and anxiety when I sobered up but I was experiencing those disturbances before I ever started drinking and while I was drinking so it wasn't just a case of withdrawals.

I definitely think this should be brought up to a good doctor. Congratulations on quitting all those things. That's amazing.
It might be shocking your system, though, even three months later.
Hang in there...
Old 12-06-2017, 02:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

:
Originally Posted by Britneytoday2 View Post
Im Britney. Im 27 and withdrawing from kolonopin, meth, heroin and alcohol. I've been sober for 3 months now. I have withdraw symptoms still. I've been to detox a few times and plan on going to rehab. I have anxiety type feeling withdrawals. My stomach hurts, I think about death, my stomach and arms burn, my lips and gums go numb. I'm on medication for these symptoms but still have them. Any advice on how to lessen them? Has anyone ever had this experien
I I am currently detoxing from Methadone and Klonopin. I am on 150 mg of methadone and I'm down to 3 mg of Klonopin per day. it's one hell of a trip I'm just lucky to have a good doctor to help me. the only advice I could give you is to seek help through your doctor and just be honest with them. Good luck to you God bless b:
Old 12-07-2017, 02:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Britneytoday2 View Post
Congratulations on your recovery, Britney.

It sounds like you are doing well.

I hope that you can get professional help - i certainly needed it.

And i had panic attacks for the first few months in which i became clean and sober.

Please stay with us and keep us posted.

Thanks.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Been getting anxiety and panic attacks for years now. The best thing that works for me when i get a panic attack is to quickly get out of the house and start walking or running until it calms down. The medication doesn't work strait away sometimes it can take a year for it to start fully working. Ive been on medication for about 3 years and still get anxiety and the occasional panic attack but its not constant like it used to be.
Old 12-11-2017, 01:50 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Also there is a trick my Doctor taught me years ago. When the panic attack in happening or just before you get one this is what you do. Breathe in through your nose slowly then hold your breathe for 7 seconds then slowly breathe out your nose all the way out and hold your breathe for about 3 seconds and repeat. He told me it puts oxygen into your brain and slows down your heard rate.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hello Britany.
First off, I want to commend you for using your strength in getting off those med's.
I was browsing around in here,.and the word "clonazepam" in your post caught my eye.
I'm not a Doctor or a Pharmacist, but I am extremely familiar with Clonazepam (Klonopin), and other benzodiazepines.
My strong opinion is that out of everything you were taking, the Clonazepam took, and still is, taking the longest to get out of your system, and allow your system get back to it's "Base-Line" of operation.
Clonazepam is a Benzodiazepine, and it and Valium, have some of the longest half-liives out of all the other "Benzodiazepines".
The symptoms you are experiencing may, or may not be, still from stopping it.
You should get to a Doctor to find out.
I'm what you might call a "Hard-Headed - Pennsylvania-Dutchman:, and it takes a lot for me to go to the Doctor.
For what you are describing, l definately would.
Please Keep Us Posted On How You Are Doing!
Good Luck!