Notices

Natural answers to anxiety

Old 04-09-2017, 12:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Natural answers to anxiety

Hey all newer to the site. So I'm on my fifth day sober and the only symptom really bothering me is the anxiety. Prior to this I went a month without drinking and still had random bouts of anxiety but it was more spaced out. I'm not on medication, but would like to hear some more advice or reccomendations.
Right now my anxiety is caused by worrying about anxiety is coming. When I start a workout, I often will get panic attacks that make me stop until I get home. This morning I woke up and was getting worked up that anxiety attack was imminent. I get real jittery and light headed, never have passed out. Im unemployed and have no health care so I'm looking for natural help. I have purchased st jons wort and b vitamins. Any other tips?
Old 04-09-2017, 02:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My therapist gave me a printout with tools to use such as breathing techniques and thoughts to tell yourself to keep the anxiety under control. There are also lots of great videos on youtube and some phone apps that help as well.
Exercise would set anxiety off for me as well, though is one of the most helpful things to keep it down. Start off with something very low impact like yoga or tai chi, and work your way up from there.
Old 04-09-2017, 05:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Mindful breathing in the moment. Proactive behavioural changes- with planning and prof. support/meetings for me. A very slow process. Sometimes minute by second.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I use the 7/ 11 breathing technique, breath in for the count of 7 and then out for 11, through your nose. Somebody suggested it to me a few years ago and I find it helpful In any situation, to calm my thoughts and physical symptoms and bring me back to the present moment. Swimming has literally been a life saver for me too.
Old 04-29-2017, 07:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Power of now buy Tolle
Old 05-05-2017, 06:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Breathing and meditating, are some of the best, watch how much sugar intake those can cause it as well... look up chakra meditation i think its some of the best if you dont like to just sit there, i mean it is just sitting there but your focusing on different aspecs of body, mind and life

breathing, just deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth like your sucking on a straw...

there books to, about food that can help with anxiety, never been good with food myself, so cant help but theres alot that can change your body chemistry to help