Notices

People just don't get it.

Old 10-04-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

People just don't get it.

Not everyone can stand to be around large groups of people long periods of time.
Not everyone has the courage to nail that job interview. And not everyone is alike.
Today my boss asked if I was "Sensitive" because I got a little nervous when its started to get busy and I got flustered. And I said no.. I was just nervous.. He said something along the lines of, that's not gonna work out, out in the real world... REALLY. Okay. Let me just knock that **** off then.

It's just frustrating that people don't understand. And I live in Vermont. Where addiction and mental health is not an unfamiliar thing. I've been detoxing from home and my anxiety is so horrible. I just with people were more understanding .
Old 10-04-2015, 07:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hmm. Your boss may not have been thinking straight. It only seems natural that someone would get nervous or stressed when the work and deadlines pile up. Unless he wants an employee that is overly laxed. From the movie ''Office Space'' for example.
Old 10-13-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PanicProne View Post
Not everyone can stand to be around large groups of people long periods of time.
Not everyone has the courage to nail that job interview. And not everyone is alike.
Today my boss asked if I was "Sensitive" because I got a little nervous when its started to get busy and I got flustered. And I said no.. I was just nervous.. He said something along the lines of, that's not gonna work out, out in the real world... REALLY. Okay. Let me just knock that **** off then.

It's just frustrating that people don't understand. And I live in Vermont. Where addiction and mental health is not an unfamiliar thing. I've been detoxing from home and my anxiety is so horrible. I just with people were more understanding .
try not to let it stress you out. theres alot of people who understand but unfortunately they are just like us, quiet lol. i got on social security for my anxiety. you might wanna check into that. its kinda a pain in the rear though. i always had to work jobs where i worked alone. i had every family member find me part time jobs where i could work in a warehouse or something or some night stock etc where i could for the most part just work alone somewhere in a corner. it was horrible when i had to be socialable. everyday before work i would puke and couldnt sleep. same with school.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Not to sound like a bitch... But I am going to work. There is no anxiety bad enough to make me a welfare scumbag. I struggle.. Daily... But anxiety is an obstacle. I won't let it stop me from living. I can't stand people who live off the state for anxiety and depression... I know how hard it is... But I still make my own money.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Maybe you should look for a job where you don't have to deal with the public much. I know I would be awful in a customer service job or a sales job.

Also...not to sound like a bitch, but I think you were rather rude to CobraCommander. I think it was uncalled for that you pretty much called him a welfare scumbag. He was only trying to help you. None of us knows your entire life story, so we offer experience, strength and hope where we can.
Old 10-28-2015, 07:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are right... In a sense. I am a little on edge tonight. I could have done without that statement but i still stand by what I believe.
thank you for your reply.
Old 10-29-2015, 05:36 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Waiting For Engines

Thumbs down

Not to sound like a bitch... But I am going to work. There is no anxiety bad enough to make me a welfare scumbag. I struggle.. Daily... But anxiety is an obstacle. I won't let it stop me from living. I can't stand people who live off the state for anxiety and depression... I know how hard it is... But I still make my own money.
I have been a member of this forum since 2003 and I never read such an offensive, not to mention, incendiary post.

SR is a place where people share the most intimate details of their lives.

Shame on you for not deleting your unmitigated attack on someone who was trying to help you.

People just don't get it, right?
Old 10-30-2015, 02:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

#1. If you've been on this site for so long you should know I can't delete that post...
#2. That's the worst you've seen? Damn.
#3, I stand by what I said. And I will NEVER get on welfare for anxiety alone. If he has something else going on that's whatever. But I just don't believe in other people taking care of you because of a problem other people are struggling to deal with and still going to work.

In my future posts I will take people's feelings into consideration. But don't tell me I should feel ashamed or how I should feel any of the time. Period. Because I am not ashamed...
Old 10-30-2015, 09:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

This is a forum rule.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:12 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
30 Days & Under Club

Not to sound like a bitch...There is no anxiety bad enough to make me a welfare scumbag... I can't stand people who live off the state for anxiety and depression.

In my future posts I will take people's feelings into consideration. But don't tell me I should feel ashamed or how I should feel any of the time. Period. Because I am not ashamed...
Wow! I cringed at your scumbag comment... But based on your "not to sound like a bitch" disclaimer, we all knew something bitchy was about to be said! Lol. I'm pretty new to this forum--so I don't know either of you guys--but it's pretty disconcerting you feel no remorse for that comment; especially based on the title of your thread.

That said, are you aware you're doing the same thing to CC that your boss did to you that pissed you off so bad? You're judging CC and being entirely unsensitive. That's the same thing your boss did to you! Your boss was insensitive and judgemental, as it seems like he has no tolerance for people who hesitate and get flustered in the workplace...just like you have no tolerance for people who accept help from the government. Ironic, isn't it!?
Old 10-31-2015, 12:40 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Remember guys there's a block function
Old 10-31-2015, 07:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Future posts need to be helpful and encouraging, or this thread will be locked down. Let's do our best to be supportive of each other.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:43 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

We come on hear for help and encouragement its not what you say its how you say it
Old 01-29-2016, 04:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Some people literally cannot function when they have bad anxiety or depression. It can be just as debilitating as a real physical condition.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:05 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by redladyslipper View Post
Some people literally cannot function when they have bad anxiety or depression. It can be just as debilitating as a real physical condition.
Heck at one point I could not even use the telephone let alone go out and deal with people and I was not even drinking or using anything.

It was definitely a real condition. I eventually got on some sort medication but not before I was involuntarily committed to a mental hospital after I did start drinking and showed signs to my family I might be a danger to myself or others.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:06 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I've had panic so bad I couldn't drive or go into stores,I still get bad panic venturing far from home and by far I mean more than 30 miles,I still work but I have to take klonopin cuz I cut hair and there's no way I could deal with those people without it,all the yoga in the world isn't gonna stop shaky hands and blurred vision the anxiety is so bad
Old 01-30-2016, 02:44 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
try not to let it stress you out. theres alot of people who understand but unfortunately they are just like us, quiet lol. i got on social security for my anxiety. you might wanna check into that. its kinda a pain in the rear though. i always had to work jobs where i worked alone. i had every family member find me part time jobs where i could work in a warehouse or something or some night stock etc where i could for the most part just work alone somewhere in a corner. it was horrible when i had to be socialable. everyday before work i would puke and couldnt sleep. same with school.
Same here been like that my whole life ugh