Notices

writing therapy

Old 07-31-2015, 08:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

writing therapy

Anyone have experience with this? I have PTSD, OCD, and anxiety. My Dr thinks writing down past and present feelings will help me get it out...I am affected in so many ways, I need help.
Old 08-04-2015, 01:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Sister your Dr is right writing a journal really helps im going therapy for anxiety & depression have you heard of cbt im interested in that and possible psycotherapy and counselling in the future

its ok your not alone
Old 08-04-2015, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thanks for reply

I am currently seeing a cbt counselor. He referred me to a psychiatrist, my appt is this week. They are hoping to give me some meds. I'm nervous, but trying to be optimistic. I also go to alanon. My parents are alcoholics, both sisters are heroin addicts...
My plate is sooo full
Old 08-04-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi,

I definitely have anxiety, and some OCD tendencies although more the obsessions and thoughts than any classic compulsion. Pretty well managed now without any medication, but it was very out of control while I was drinking.

I am actually writing a journal about my therapy process. Lots of reflections (thoughts, feelings, memories) on my sessions and whatever comes to mind related to them, interpretations, things I want to address next, etc. I very often have delayed reactions that are quite significant to the process and would be a pity to waste, so I write them down and can then discuss some of them in the following session. Have been doing this for nearly 1.5 year now and I think it helps me deepen and cement the whole thing (not that I tend to have problems with depth, lol).

Good luck to you with finding the right help
Old 08-24-2015, 06:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I need to journal more I have just started with a therapist to do one on one dbt and my mind goes a million different directions and I often forget half the things I want to talk about, but when I actually write like I'm suppose to I can look back and either discuss it or writing might have helped me deal with it. I think writing would help you a lot. Good luck and positive thoughts
Old 08-24-2015, 08:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keeping a journal actually does help, even when you don't feel like it and there are definitely days I don't feel like it.

If your mind is going a million different directions, write it down, it helps you collect your thoughts together and keep them in line, it takes practice though, something I'm still working on.

It also helps you see the progress. I swear 2 weeks ago I couldn't stand being at work or at home now its somewhat manageable and I can see the change.