Notices

I'm living Benzo free

Old 12-03-2015, 02:59 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Thank you for the book recommendations!
Old 12-04-2015, 10:23 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

I'm having a hard day again today. I woke up shaky and very anxious at 5am. I want to cut my dose so bad but this rebound anxiety is brutal.

And I'm having a quiet day, no arguments with my husband or anything. And still feeling this horrible anxiety. It has to be withdrawal, I have no idea why I'm feeling like this!

Ugh when is it going to end?
Old 12-04-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Hey Patricia,
It may take awhile hun. But we'll be here to support you. I wish I could tell you how long it's going to last, but with benzo withdrawals, there's no definite answer. I can guarantee that you will feel better, given time. Hang in there.

I'm out & about right, but will be home in a couple hrs. I'll message you, k?

Gigantic (( Hugs ))
Old 12-04-2015, 12:53 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by patricia68 View Post
I'm having a hard day again today. I woke up shaky and very anxious at 5am. I want to cut my dose so bad but this rebound anxiety is brutal.

And I'm having a quiet day, no arguments with my husband or anything. And still feeling this horrible anxiety. It has to be withdrawal, I have no idea why I'm feeling like this!

Ugh when is it going to end?
I'm not a doctor, but I know my doctor is vary cautious on the taper of my benzos. She's going slow. She's worried about seizures for me. In your case, do you have the option to get a 2nd opinion? I know you're eager to get off the meds, but maybe a 2nd doctor might have a better idea.

I know that Gabapentin isn't for everyone. But, since upping the dose to 300mg 3x a day as of a week ago, I feel very little anxiety. The benzo taper continues, but I feel so much better having a non-addictive med aid me in the process.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
I'm not a doctor, but I know my doctor is vary cautious on the taper of my benzos. She's going slow. She's worried about seizures for me. In your case, do you have the option to get a 2nd opinion? I know you're eager to get off the meds, but maybe a 2nd doctor might have a better idea.

I know that Gabapentin isn't for everyone. But, since upping the dose to 300mg 3x a day as of a week ago, I feel very little anxiety. The benzo taper continues, but I feel so much better having a non-addictive med aid me in the process.
I've seen a few different doctors and they all told me to just stop taking Ativan. They don't seem to understand how addictive it is
Old 12-04-2015, 02:38 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Hey all,Patricia, I've been really anxious today too,seems even a tiny cut effects me,everyone says exercise to control anxiety,sheesh I can't even leave my couch today,hope I sleep tonight
Old 12-04-2015, 02:45 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Hi Winslow, I feel like laying on the couch all day too. It seems to be the only thing that calms me down. But I can't
Have you tried chamomile tea? It helps me sleep better.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:29 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Good morning. I managed to stay at my new 0.125mg dose yesterday. I was really difficult. The anxiety was horrible during the morning, it came in waves of panic all through the day.

Today is the same. I woke up at 5am, I managed to stay in bed until 6 but I couldn't stand the racing heart and shaky hands...my mind was going at 100 mph with worries and fears...

I have no idea why the anxiety is so bad in the mornings. Maybe it's because that's the time I take my pill.

Right now I'm stressing out about drinking pop and coffee, I know I shouldn't, but the cravings for sugar are very strong.

I'll check back later. I hope everyone has a much better day.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Good morning, Patricia!
Great job on staying the course! Have you been applying any measures to counter the anxiety, like meditation & deep breathing, Hot baths always seem to relax me too.
(( Hugs ))
Old 12-05-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Good morning kzaug.
I did 30 minute meditation last night. It helped.
The mornings are the worst time for my anxiety. I tried deep breathing, essential oils, I tried to play with my son, and nothing seems to help. The chatter in my mind is crazy and I can't seem to focus on anything positive.

I'm going for a walk now and see if helps.

((hugs))
Old 12-05-2015, 10:28 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

I'm back from my walk. It was cold and windy and the streets are icy but I walked for 30 minutes anyway.

I feel a little better. I am very tired though.

I had the last of my favorite coffee this morning. I'm not going to buy this brand anymore for a while. I hope it helps me to cut down. I actually love herbal tea better but when I wake up in the morning with so much anxiety I just don't have the energy to make tea, coffee is easier...but so bad for anxiety!

I'll post some more later, I hope it gets better.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:47 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hi Patricia, I'm sorry you're so anxious today. You're right, you're probably have the most anxiety in the mornings because that's when you take your medication & it's 24hrs since your last dose.
How are you and your husband getting along today?
I have a pretty busy day again today, but I'll check back later.

(( Hugs ))
Old 12-05-2015, 01:30 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Hey all,Patricia, L-glutamine is supposed to be good for sugar cravings, anxiety too,however I've had mixed results with it,sometimes it calms me,sometimes it seems to rev me up,L-theanine is like that with me too,glad you're feeling better today😊 I wish benzo withdrawal could be like alcohol withdrawal, done in a few days,it would be soooo much easier! I still am wrestling with how I'm gonna cope with anxiety after I'm off benzos,too not have that net is a mental torture😠
Old 12-05-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I'm feeling a little better in the afternoon. I managed to eat a bowl of pasta salad. First real meal in days!

My supplements from the naturopathic doctor arrived in the mail today. I know it might take a few days for them to work but the fact that I managed to eat and I feel calmer gives me hope.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:37 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Patricia, what kind of supps did you get if you don't mind? I wish there were more docs practicing natural cures😞
Old 12-05-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

I sent you a message Winslow

Another day on the same dose. I managed to eat a little bit more today and I didn't have any sugary drinks. I'm off to bed early to meditate. ((hugs))
Old 12-06-2015, 07:32 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hey all,Patricia you are doing good hun😊 I got the pm,thank you! In a rush just wanted to check in,back later
Old 12-06-2015, 12:57 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Hi guys,
Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I've been a bit down and out for the last couple days. I'm normally a very social, talkative person, but tend to be more quiet when depressed. I've been trying to pull myself out of this funk by forcing myself to keep busy, even though I feel like blowing everything off.

I hope you're all fine. Keep up the great work!

(( Hugs ))
Old 12-06-2015, 01:22 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better soon kzaug! I wish I had something meaningful to say, but I'm trying to learn how to deal with depression too! ((hugs))
Old 12-06-2015, 06:26 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Ty Patricia! You're very sweet! (( Hugs ))