Notices

Flushing

Old 06-26-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Flushing

I think that's the term. It's where your chest area and face flush red due to raised levels of anxiety. Has anyone experienced this? Recently several people have asked me if I'm ill because my face and chest area have been red. Both times I was not in an embarrassing situation, blushing and flushing are two different things caused for different reasons I think?

Anyway, both times this happened I was in a high stress situation and my anxiety levels were way up there. Has anyone experienced this and are there any techniques I can use to reduce anxiety. I would really like techniques.

Thanks
Old 06-26-2014, 06:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have found mindfulness techniques useful (I can't post link).

When your body is in the flight-or-flight response, the blood in the body is redistributed in the upper body to help you flee, but it doesn't feel good.
Old 06-29-2014, 06:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

My family is fair skinned and we flush something awful when upset. It was the primary reason I had to go on hormones for hit flashes! I could take the heat, but at work I could not handle looking all fired up all the time!

I am not really sure if I flush when I get anxiety... I'll have to stop and check next time...