Notices

New here.....nervous

Old 08-05-2013, 04:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here.....nervous

Hi im new to this forum and would like some help/advice. I am 23 years old and suffer with panic attacks/anxiety which was caused by using cocaine. However I still do it on occassions and need to stop because I hate the way it makes me feel I feel really down and depressed. I would really like to have the will power never to do it again but feel I am to weak........I just wish I could say NO!! Im always parnoid that im going to die of a heartattack days later after doing it!!I would really appreciate some adviceThank you
Old 08-05-2013, 09:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am new here too, but also suffer from panic attacks. Mine like to come about 2 hours after I have fallen asleep & rudely awaken by them. I guess thats why I lack more and more sleep for fear of these happening. I have seen some really good threads in here on ways to trick the mind. I am starting to get them in the day now here and there & find it helps me if I can talk with someone or divert my attention to something else. I can usually tell when they are coming on unlike the night ones. It is one of the worst feelings ever. My Dr. told me that I wont die that I will just pass out. I need to get my sleep schedule & eliminate the stress in my house. I do have meds prn but it still takes time for them to kick in, not good when full blown. Maybe there is more to the anxiety besides the cocaine? I wished I could be of more help. Just know you are not alone & if we stick together & help one another out it may just benefit us.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sober Recovery. You came to the right place. I too suffer from severe anxiety, but mine has never been drug related. All I can say is that you are strong enough to quit! Think about how much of this anxiety can be prevented if you finally take the step towards sobriety. There are a lot of great forums and threads on here that can help you more specifically with getting sober. I don't have as much experience with that so I don't know what advice to offer. But this website is a GREAT support system, and there are so many people rooting for you! Check out the chat too it's a great place to meet other people and find support.
Old 09-19-2013, 08:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Hey, I have/still am going through a similar situation. I used to smoke a lot of weed, take mdma and ecstasy pills etc etc all the time which led to panic attacks and anxiety when I was sober. Its horrible. Even though it was hell I didn't want to stop taking drugs for a number of reasons, so I was having all of these anxiety problems and continuing to do drugs. This obviously didn't work and I eventually figured out it was a mistake because it was continuing my anxiety and anxiety attacks and never letting my body and mind recover completely from all the drugs I did.
I know the feeling of feeling weak and having no power to say no to drugs, so I completely cut off my friends who I used to do drugs with, they understood cause I told them, and hung out with supportive sober people, starting working out and drastically changing my diet. I didn't think these things would make a massive difference but after a while I felt SOOO much better, I fully recommend it!!
Just ask yourself if you want to continue to feel crappy and depressed after a night of coke, its really not worth it in the long run and I was driving myself into the ground with my anxiety and drugs. I dont know if this has been helpful, but I hope you start feeling better!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi thanks for replying its good to know that I am not the only person going through it. Im happy to say I haven't drank or done drugs for a month now and feel 100% better
Old 09-26-2013, 06:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by purplerain90 View Post
Hi thanks for replying its good to know that I am not the only person going through it. Im happy to say I haven't drank or done drugs for a month now and feel 100% better
Awesome job!
Old 10-31-2013, 12:47 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Purplerain, hope you are still holding onto a clean and sober life. I have been now for 14 months and will not go back to drinkin and druggin. This is so much better!
Don't forget, you can find help here whenever you need help, also let us know how you are doing with inspirational updates!
Awesome!
Old 09-13-2015, 01:36 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

same anxity

Samemmmmmmmj
Old 09-13-2015, 01:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=HonestlyTrying;4268423]Purplerain, hope you are still holding onto a clean and sober life. I have been now for 14 months and will not go back to drinkin and druggin. This is so much better!
Don't forget, you can find help here whenever you need help, also let us know how you are doing with inspirational updates

Hi i have had the same issues...I smoked weed from 17 to 20 years of age until i had a panic attack one day, then i started taking ecxtasy on and off upto to the age of 30, I used to get so low on mondays and through the week until the weekend and i would drink. My anxiety was crazy i thought i was going mad, i drank alcohol to ease the anxiety so i became addicted to alcohol, i needed it to goto the shops and work. I was going mad my brain was mashed with anxity..Im now 40 drank most of my 30s with no drugs..my anxity is the problem..Im trying to get of the booze but its hard, im taking some pills to ease the anxity, i have a wife and lovely kids and gd job, i could loose it all if i dont sort it...The booze is really bad so addictive it gives you a boost then dumps you straight back down and the anxity and negative thoughts is horific. I need to be clean fresh thinking, its day 2 without booze...
Old 09-13-2015, 02:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

For the folks just stopping...

If you have severe symptoms, see a Dr. You need may need a medicaly supervised detox.

I was a binger....so I learned....

Eat healthy, drink tons of water, multi vit, sleep, sleep, repeat.

Eat when you crave....

Get ready for maddening anxiety. At 4 plus months clean, it is just now getting way better....

It worked out because I didn't drink, developed sober activities, now the anxiety is getting easier.

Lost 25 lbs...
Old 09-14-2015, 11:44 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to SR Dave