Notices

For Today Only

Old 04-29-2011, 07:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For Today Only

I read something at my counseling appointment that helped me and I thought I would share it with others who suffer from anxiety:

There are two days in every week about which we should not worry, two days, which should be kept free from fear and apprehension. One of those days is yesterday with its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back yesterday. We cannot undue a single act we performed; we cannot erase a single word we said. Yesterday is gone.
The other day we should not worry about is tomorrow with its possible adversaries, its burdens, its large promise and poor performance. Tomorrow's sun will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is yet unborn.
This leaves only one day - today. Any man can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternities - yesterday and tomorrow - that we break down.
It is not the experience of today that drives men mad, it is remorse or bitterness for something, which happened yesterday, and the dread of what tomorrow may bring. Let us, therefore, live but on day at a time. (Author Unknown).
Old 04-30-2011, 05:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

WOW that is great. I have never heard that before. Thank you for sharing