Notices

Waking up with anxiety

Old 05-04-2012, 05:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I always thought that I slept well, as I sleep for long hours but in truth I do not sleep well as I have nightmares that sometimes come to my mind during the day...
they can be so real, this morning I woke up feeling down, without understanding why until an image from a dream flashed my mind, I dreamt I drunk some wine I felt so bad that woke up upset fortunately was only a dream, so relieved.
I also dreamt about seeing death people and thats takes me almost all day to recover, they are strangers but still impressive.
my worse nightmare is having rats in my dream as have real phobia with those animals...
Happy enough that I drunk poisoning alcohol only dreams I say good night to you all.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I started suffering from anxiety and a feeling of despair and impending doom upon wakening each morning while w/d'ing from benzos. It would fade the minute I got up and staring moving. I am not saying all my usual anxiety vanished but that AWFUL hell when I first woke up did.

I am using past tense here but I am having it again now that I have upped my drinking. I lost my mother 5 months ago, put down my dog one week ago and my nephew is hospitalized after a suicide attempt!

I HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO COPE WITHOUT MEDICATING MYSELF! JEEEEEZE!
Old 07-04-2012, 09:03 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
MK87

Originally Posted by Change4life View Post
I am so glad I checked this thread. I have been having severe panic attacks in the morning. Its waves of fear going through me. I dont know why but it makes me feel better to know I am not alone. I like the idea of the gratitude list, but when I feel that way I cocoon myself in blanket and I am petrified to move. I basically feel like I am dying. does anyone have any ideas why it is only in AM?
If we are fighting a single handed battle against the world, without a higher power, morning is the time when we see all the pain that the day is going to bring. It's the sheer quantity of anger and pain that makes morning worse than mid day. Once we get going we get confidence that we aren't going to be fired, homeless, dead, or alone.

I feel this way in the morning, this "Oh ****" fear like I'm a little kid who is about to get found out for something and punished severely. If I get up and just start showering, then go off with my day it's usually a bad start to a day because I am living directly off of fear. Since I have learned that just getting up and not trying to gain peace of mind before I get going doesn't work I have tried praying, reading reflections, meditating (sitting with a coffee and a cigarette), and sometimes calling somebody. These actions have put a dent in the waking up anxiety problem but not completely solved it. I think like I said earlier it exists because I view the world as a battle zone, and my first waking thoughts are about how I am going to survive fighting people and things. Obviously I need to surrender more to a HP and work the steps more with a sponsor. If I wasn't so rigid and timid in general I don't believe the mornings would be this way. So I think an answer to this problem is more honesty and rigorous action in the steps, service, and prayer/ meditation. I am also 25 years old and possibly am wrong.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I often wake up at 2, 3am....scared, shaking, and full of anxiety....I pace the house in the dark while the family sleeps.......unable to go back to bed......I spend the whole day at work, tired, groggy, and feelin like [email protected] have no one to blame....I know what my problem is......It happens every time I fall off the wagon.......sigh
Old 07-14-2012, 10:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Is there ever any end to this ,I need to be patient with me.
The more I want something the more it tends to run away from me.
Im sure there are many more out there doing the exact same thing im doing which is ,trying to get rid of PAIN.
IT wont leave because Its me....I cant get rid of ME.
So now what do I do.........LOVE MYSELF TO BITS,Thats what...do what i want to do....and to hell with everyone else.....Will I do it....I better....I need to start enjoying Life Rather than injuring it.
Old 07-14-2012, 11:11 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

It's nice to know I am not alone. I have woken up with anxiety/despair/dread for the day pretty much every morning for years. It fades as the morning progresses. Running in the morning helps greatly.

I hate it-it's such an awful way to start the day. Wish I could wake up feeling refreshed and looking forward to the day.

Have never been able to nail down why I feel this way. Occasionally I have woken after an unusually long sleep and felt good. So I go to bed earlier now.

Was on anti anxiety pills but it made it worse. Off them now.

I think I need to live a fuller life.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:44 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Glad to know I'm not the only one. Day 6 sober and anxiety is pretty intense. I suppose I always thought it was just hangover symptoms. I have a lot of fears...mostly over very unrealistic stuff. Changing my thinking pattern is tough. I've been doing it a long time.

If I could break/change the thoughts of impending doom, unrealistic fears, and thoughts of the worst-case scenarios I would feel much better... I think the meditation thing might help. I'm going to try. It's better than continuing this cycle and expecting it to get better, I think.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:34 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Happens to me all the time. Glad I'm not alone.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I put a sign on the wall across from my bed that says "Get the f$ck up! You will feel better!" It works in the sense that it gets me out the door but my attacks usually hit me the second I'm in the subway or in a cab. The first time was in a cab and all of the sudden i felt nauseous, broke out in a cold sweat, couldn't feel my feet and my fingers twisted and locked. Cue blackout city, and waking up in an ambulance. This has also happened on the subway. So embarassing.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:25 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I cannot sleep well this days, maybe because I am depressed or I have anxiety. I hope I could recover from this, but if that one thing will approach and come again to my life, I guess it will be okay.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:16 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Talking Anxiety blues

Anxiety.
Hi folks . I still get anxiety when the bloody phone rings or I get a text I don't want and Also when the door buzzer goes still makes me jump!!! I still think its the police or worse the crisis team. They once smashed my front door in they believed I was dead!! It's worse when you get anxiety with paranoia that's not good.
Used to get that am anxiety too bad! Freedom 1990 I like your pictures of dogs!
Old 09-30-2013, 05:17 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Time flies when you're on Prozac!!
Old 10-10-2013, 01:02 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

When I wake up first thing in the morning I'm at my best. I get right up, make the coffee, wake my boyfriend up and all is good. After he leaves the anxiety and paranoia begin and last throughout the day. The worst time for me is when I wake up from a nap, I usually take one due to having fibromyalgia. All I can do is wring my hands, cry and know that something terrible is about to or going to happen.

I'm glad this thread was started. Even though I don't wake up in the mornings with panic I suffer through it after naps and most of the day.