Notices

Paxil

Old 08-28-2008, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Paxil

I just got out of rehab. My drugs of choice were Alcohol/Xanax/Cocaine.

I've been clean 21 days now.

Upon leaving they gave me scripts for 4 different medications. I had took all but one until last night which is Paxil.

What are others experience with this drug? I'm pretty sure it's prescribed because of social phobia and depression in my case. I take 10mg.

I took it about 10:30 pm last night. Since i've woke up i've been real shaky/trembling in my hands and legs. Very unpleasent. I havn't ate anything and my stomach seems like it wants to but i have no appetite.
Any idea how long these side effects last? I'm gonna search around on google and try to find as much info myself but any comments on others experience would help , thanks.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Welcome to SR and our mental health forum!

Going cold turkey without a doctors help from any anti-depressant medicine is not something I would recommend. I show withdrawl symptoms when I just miss one dose. I would strongly recommend calling your doctor.

Why do you not want to take the med?
Old 08-28-2008, 03:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hello there. You should be alright with the trembling in a few days. I remember taking Paxil and having those side effects, but it does get better. Give it a few days to get into the system and you'll feel better

Jazzz
Old 08-28-2008, 05:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life the gift of recovery!

Sorry I misread your post. I understood you were stopping the Paxil, not that you took a late dose of it. Jazz is correct side effects from most any medication ease up within about 2 weeks. For some people less time for others more but that is the average.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:16 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
9/15/08

I am always amazed at the combos of drugs prescribed to my fellow addicts in recovery.

Granted there are unique circumstances and everyone's body chemistry reacts differently, but there is such a disparity between the models of practice among psychiatrists.