Notices

Getting off benzodiazepines for PD

Old 01-28-2009, 06:55 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I was on Ativan and Kolonopin for four months and I am still having some bad withdrawals after being off of them for about ten days. I am ten days sober and ten days happier. My liver my be damaged due to all of the medication I am on. Please seek medical help immediately if you feel you need it.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:23 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

anyone in here on 10mg xanax daily? I am withdralwing from it very bad, I had to go the hospital for it.. what are some good natural replacements if any?
Old 02-16-2009, 06:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi folks,
I had some severe anxiety and restlessness. I was on Opiates for 5 yeas and then I get on subutex for 3 months to get off this stuff.I am 26 days clean from subutex .However I was prescribed xanax 3* a day.I took half a pill to avoid withdrawals.But I findout that I'm again back to the same situation that I used over it.That's my low self esteem because of a problem.I'm working the steps and they're butnevertheless when ever I face some bad situation I get so anxious.My body starts shaking badly.My doctor switched me from Xanax to Valium.he said I'll find the transition this way easier.but i don't wnat to cover my problems anymore.i wnat to face them.Any good advice on how to deal with panic attacks or severe anxiety without meds?I'm sick of pills.Iw ant to get off them but I'm scared to go back to using again because of my anxiety.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bluebird78

Wow, I'm relieved to see I wasn't alone in having elaborate CIA (in Canada we have CSIS!) delusions! What a fun filled fantasy life we've experienced! lol. If I don't laugh about it, I'll cry. I think cold-turkey benzo withdrawal people should have a special forum where we can share the highlights of our experiences. Going back there in my mind just helps me feel so incredibly grateful for my (relative) sanity today.

I remember how long it took me to be able to make sense of a written sentence on a page. Or how it was such an accomplishment to use the telephone at the hospital - to actually lift the receiver and dial the numbers. I thought I was permanently brain damaged. But it's amazing how the brain heals itself.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Philippines/Canada

Originally Posted by historyteach View Post
Michael,
Your best bet is to talk to your doctor.
None of us are doctors here and cannot give medical advice.
Each person can have different effects as a result of the effects of the drug and withdrawal from it. Medical supervision is necessary.
This is *nothing* to fool around with.
It's your life!

Shalom!
Hey you all!
This thread still going? I don't mind bumping this topic as the mesage needs to get out.

Just to further add to Teaches disclaimer.....

don't solely rely on a "docter" as well. Finding a good Doctor is like finding a good mechanic...only way more important. In my experience i think GP's in general should not be licensed to prescribe mood medication. After messing around for years i finally got the right combo and care from a psychiatrist who had BPII and a GP who was a recovered addict. My bad benzo experience was long before that and prescribed by a GP who said here take these they will help you quite drinking.

So now as a rule of thumb, i always research thoroughly what i take into my body no matter who prescribes it.

Fortunately i have been med free coming up two years in October, which is two months after my sober date.

Take care everybody, enjoy your weekend!
Old 04-11-2009, 10:35 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I just wrote up a long post only to notice that this is a very old thread. What happened to those of you that were in withdrawal last year?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi, I was wondering what that website for benzo withdrawal is?? Thx.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:35 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Try benzo.org for some of the best information