Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Mental Health Issues > Anxiety Disorders
Reload this Page >

Occasional crawling, moving, tingling, numbness sensation on back of head/scalp

Notices

Occasional crawling, moving, tingling, numbness sensation on back of head/scalp

Old 06-04-2007, 02:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
61'st day sober as of:12/18/07

Unhappy Occasional crawling, moving, tingling, numbness sensation on back of head/scalp

Hi everyone.

I'm not sure what is causing this but here's my story and any input will be greatly appreciated.

I get these crawling, moving, tingling, numbness sensations on the back of my head/scalp about 4-5 times a day. I've experienced these for about a month now. An MRI (w/o contrast) a few months ago was unremarkable except for sinusitis. A cervical MRI 4 months ago showed compression of disks and a few other things (I can't remember what they were now).

I do have a history of alcoholism, anxiety, panic attacks, Tourette's syndrome (with head jerking), I was in a 35MPH automoblile accident several years ago in which my head smashed into the windshield, I suffer from Hypochondria, Agoraphobia, ADHD, GERD, IBS, etc.

I guess that's about it. Does anyone else have thse symptoms or have an opinion as to what might be causing them?.

Thanks do much - Need4Change
Old 06-04-2007, 08:07 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Any one of those things could cause that; anxiety alone can cause creepy crawly sensations; numbness and tingling, etc. And, from very personal experience, hypochondriasis just makes you focus on thiese symptoms more.
Old 06-05-2007, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have had them, usually around the time period just before a migraine. I too have had CT scans with nothing remarkable. I always figured it was something going on chemically, or blood vessells expanding like with migraines. ANd for me it starts with changes in the atmosphere's barametric pressure