Blogs

Notices

Singing In The Shower....

Old 04-27-2007, 02:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face Singing In The Shower....

Dear friends in the Anxiety Forum on Sober & Recovery,

My neighbours told me to shut up, while I was singing in the shower tonight & I replied by praying that God would pour out his blessings on my neighbours.....

I wasn't offended, as I've read that many great musicians, have copped this sort of criticism, & I don't expect everyone to enjoy my vocal style or choice of songs....

I wonder if a superstar equivalent in caliber to Elvis or any other legendary musicians ever had this problem with their neighbours, when singing in the shower, LMAO....

I bet Janis Joplin would have upset her neighbours a bit, but wasn't she awesome?

I'm not saying that I have the voice of Elvis Presley, but I have won many local talent contests for my singing & have been the lead singer in many amateur rock bands....
I used to make a fortune when I used to do busking in the streets of my home town & in shopping malls.....

I haven't got tickets on myself, & although, perhaps my pride was wounded a little, everyone I know, including complete strangers, have gone out of their way to tell me what a beautiful voice I have & I know that it is a gift that God gave me when I was a child...
I hardly ever play loud music in my home & I thought Australia was a free society....

I'm always considerate of my neighbours, when I play music on my sound system,(which is hardly ever) & I hardly ever turn my Television on, except when a specific program is on that I plan to watch.....

I'm a pretty quiet neighbour, as most of the time I read books & newspapers or use my P.C., as I find T.V. & background noise upsets my nerves....

I'm what you could refer to as a soul singer & it lifts my spirits both mentally, spiritually & emotionally, when I express myself through song.....
Many people say I sound like a famous Australia singer named John Farnham or as he is sometimes referred to as 'The Voice'.....
He was, & is, still, one of my musical idols & this kind-natured, jovial man inspired me to become a singer....

But if that's all that can go wrong in a day & the only thing I have to whinge about, I should consider myself, absolutely BLESSED....

May God Bless everyone for being patient & reading this thread which I've started, as I guess it's just an excuse for me to whinge about something, LOL...

But think on the bright side, my friends, I have got everyone thinking about something other than Anxiety & Medication, while reading this thread......

Sometimes, I find it's good to have a laugh at ourselves, or should I say, myself, more so, rather than crying......

Last edited by Spacecat; 04-27-2007 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Spelling Mistake...