Notices

One week, Still feel fried

Old 07-14-2006, 11:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

One week, Still feel fried

Well its friday. This is the toughest time for me, I have nobody, nothing to do. I know when it gets to be five or so Im gonna start thinking about going to the bar, at least theres people there to talk to. On top of that I still fell woozy, like Im still recovering from my last drunk. How long is it gonna take to feel better. I just feel like giving up and going out and get drunk, maybe I'll meet somebody. I feel awful just sitting around by myself on the weekend and doing nothing, Im tired of TV, and I dont want to go out by myself. Oh man this is gonna be a bad weekend, I can feel it already.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I just got home from an AA meeting
6 of us had lunch and 4 were headed for a movie.

I know how to keep busy and sober and happy..

If you drink now you will only restart your drinking.
Then you wil feel worse. Hang in there..

See a doctor or use the ER if you are ill.
But please do it sober
Old 07-14-2006, 01:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Clarity,
Some suggestions:
Is there an outdoor concert you can go to on your own?
An amusement park where you can go on all the rides you want?
Bike ride? Roller blade in the park?
Movie or Play?
Have you always wanted to do something like learn a musical instrument or a new foreign language? Start tonight!
Go window-shopping at the mall?

Friday has been a trigger for me too and I'm just telling myself (full blast) I DON'T DRINK so it doesn't matter what day it is!

Hugs and best of luck tonight.

Candy Scratch
Old 07-14-2006, 05:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Boy do I know you feel. When I first got sober, weekends were awful - until I re-learned how to structure my time. First, I went to AA meetings on weekends - especially in the evenings when the urge to drink was the strongest. I didn't feel normal or "well" for a while, but you should be through the worst of it soon. Allow yourself to rest, eat well, and keep drinking lots of fluids. Also - treat yourself like a friend. A hot bath, or an ice cream sundae, a movie, a sale at the mall - do something for YOU. Instead of thinking this will be a bad weekend, think of this as the beginning of your sober life - one day at a time. All you have to do is not drink tonight!! Keep posting - and hang in there. Pick up the phone if you need to and talk to someone. God bless, Leslie
Old 07-14-2006, 05:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Stay here and read and learn about alcoholism. If you want to meet somebody, meet someone who is sober and who can help you. It sounds to me as if you have already planned your weekend and it doesn't include new ways to stay sober. It doesn't have to be bad. It can be the beginning of a new sober life. Get some sober tools under your belt and weekends won't be so difficult.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I agree with what I have seen posted already. I had to plan my weekends in the beginning because they were huge triggers for me. My plan included lots of meetings, phone calls, cooking, going out with family, reading and absolutely NO DRINKING!!! Now I actually look forward to the weekends but I still do the same things as above but can add SR, going to sober dances, going out to eat with my group, going to the races with my group, renting DVD's, taking in a movie.

There is life after drinking. Once you get through the physical and emotional hard spots it looks up. If you pick back up you won't get to experience that so keep plodding through one day at a time and know that relief is on the way!

Hugs,
Kellye