Notices

is there different kinds of alcholics?

Old 06-27-2006, 02:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
alconaut

Awesome Equus..... thanks a bunch!

Fascinating stuff. My brain is kind of on auto-pilot with no particular place to go and loaded with caffeine again, so I'll need the right time to sit down and read this to enable it to sink in with any real clarity.

ADD sucks.

Old 06-27-2006, 03:43 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

great info Equus. thanks for sharing. I wish I had your job
Old 06-27-2006, 04:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I just read the "100 years" article and it was interesting. I would like to learn more about the relationship to dopamine since I know I have a dopamine imbalance (Tourette Syndrome).

I think I'm going to have trouble remember it all though because it was so much.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:45 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by c'est la vie
great info Equus. thanks for sharing. I wish I had your job
Hehehehe...

It's quite quick for me - I type very fast and (for example here) didn't bother to reference until it had popped into my head - then it's just a cut and paste.

It actually helps me at work because I struggle getting things into plain english, get my knickers in a twist and need a confidence break before going back to it.

Today I realised that I needed informal language and fast referencing so I've requested my current report be in presentation format - that came from using informal language here in the example of animal classification which twigged me into how to solve the work problem.

BTW - My Dad has tourettes (nope he doesn't swear!!), have you read any Oliver Sacks?? It rings so true of my Dad, especially the anxiety and many of the advantages. His writing gave me such a deep smile when I remembered how well respected my Dad was as a skillfull pilot and his own struggles.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:49 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Swearing is something I have to try to reduce drastically for the sake of my kids. Too bad it's so difficult. Sometimes there just isn't another combinations of letters that takes away the urge (or whatever that feeling is called).
Old 06-27-2006, 06:48 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
L'il fighter

You mean "shoot", "fudge", "crumb", and "darn" don't do the job enough??

Old 06-27-2006, 07:45 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hiya FM, i personally think that there are multiple types of alcoholics... there are low dose daily alcoholics, pm alcoholics, binge drinker alcoholics, chronic hardcore alcoholics... i say this b/c I've seen with my own eyes the above types and there are likely more.

For me I have always been a pm alcoholic... i.e. I never drank during the day, I would wait until after work and then drink til i passed out and then wake up and go to work again, but i only drank scotch ... a friend was a chronic hardcore alcoholic... he would drink from the time he woke up to the time he passed out and would drink anything with alcohol in it... booze, hair spray, listerine, etc... Other people I know are binge drinker alcoholics... only drink on weekends but drink wayyyyyyyyyy too much for the whole weekend (*think a 26 or more a night).