Notices

interesting

Old 06-25-2006, 11:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

interesting

while i was riding my bike i realise something. it;s probably weird but just go along with me for a sec. when i bike up a hill if i look at the top of the hill it; seems that it is harder and a farther. but f i look a couple feet infront of the bike it seems like i'm going fast and before i know it i'm up the hill. here comes my crazy idea. if i keep thinking and worrying about if i'm gonna beable to stay sober or not, then it will be more difficult to but if i just keeping going on day at a time, then it will be a littel bit easier.

it was really sunny and ******* hot today
Old 06-26-2006, 12:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Addict

Hi Dave_20,

I think that's a great thing for us all in mind. It is so true. Think about that treck up the mountain... If you are looking forward, upward, you very well might trip over a rock in your path. You are right; we need to focus on each new day. Every day is important, and we should remember to live it the best way we can... hopefully sober... life is so much more beautiful without drugs anyway. It doesn't seem like it until we live a sufficient time sober, but eventually we will realize that being our true, undrugged selves is A WONDERFUL THING. (Now I just have to keep what I just said in mind so I can do this too. )

Take care, and thanks for the posting. What a great way to look at our journey to recovery.

Jennifer

P.S. Your message reminded me of an Ani DeFranco song. One set of yrics is right in line with this topic.
"When I look down, I just miss all the good stuff
When I look up, I trip over things..."

(I probably shouldn't put that in quotes... I wrote it fom memory and that may not be 100% reliable )
Old 06-26-2006, 05:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Thanks Dave..
Old 06-26-2006, 05:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Resentment Building

Nice one Dave - bite size chunks is where it is at.

I experienced the same thing with my running group that I used to train. When going up a hill they look up at the top and tell me "There is NO WAY I can do that"

I just tell them - just look one step ahead and concentrate on that -

Guess what

They all made it to the top of the hill !
Old 06-26-2006, 03:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

AWESOME INSIGHT I love it when we see the things we are suspose to see that keep us sober.. That is a spiritual experience...... Love to all Debs