Notices

Just a week

Old 06-03-2006, 08:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Daisy, what you are accomplishing is huge, don't discount it. I couldn't imagine 24 hours without a drink when I got sober and no way could I imagine a week! I lived everything that you described above, every last bit of it and I'm sure there are lots of others who did too. Don't forget those times because they keep you greatful that you no longer have to live like that. Also, you didn't get to the shape you were in overnight and you won't get out of it overnight but every day gets a little bit better.

As for the reading, I am a very avid reader and I really got back into that in early sobriety. I can and do get lost in a book for hours on end. And now I can remember what I read LOL!

Hang in there sweetie, it does get better!
Kellye
Old 06-05-2006, 04:44 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
body ~ mind ~ spirit

Congrats on your sober time daisy_j, that is awesome. I got into whatever I wanted to get into to stop myself from drinking, the time passes, I changed and became stronger day by day. Good feeling waking up to know that the day is starting without regrets or worries about the night before? Hold onto that, I loved that to start with. Enjoy the journey, it gets a lot more fun and bit more rocky, but really worth it!

Life is great, books are great, sadness is great, boredom is great, not drinking is great, growth is great, laughter is great. I can feel it all and experience it all now.

Congrats, congrats, congrats!

love Brigid
Old 06-05-2006, 06:47 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Brigid-Thank you so much for your encouragement. It helps to know that it is worth it to hang in there. Sometimes it seems difficult to know how to live with a sober mind but then when I think of what you mentioned-not having to wake up with all of the regrets and worries.

Congrats to you as well!!

<hugs>

GJ