Notices

dreams and reality

Old 05-29-2006, 10:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

dreams and reality

hadn't had an alcohol dream in awhile until last night. in this one i was at a party enjoying myself and not drinking. i am at the party for some time when i look down and see a beer in my hand. i then realize that i've actually been drinking the entire time and just didn't "notice".

i think maybe it's cause i have been thinking about having a beer. i haven't felt like myself lately. not that drinking is gonna make me feel normal. or maybe i think it will. maybe i just want to blow off steam by getting hammered.

i know i'm not going to drink cause i'm really happy with being sober. it's just once in awhile i'd really like a beer. that's all. oh well thanks for listening.

don't worry i aint breaking my sobriety. its too much of a challenge for me to give up. i like a challenge.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Glad to see you again..and know you are still moving forward...
Old 05-30-2006, 06:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Professional Alcoholic

I too had a dream this weekend I was drinking a beer. At work no less and no one seemed to mind. Was I ever grateful that is was a dream. Of course I want a beer every now and then but I know the outcome of even just a taste. I don't believe dreams have any significance other than just being dreams. I've been alcohol free for 3+ years and see no going back no matter what. Everyone does their sobriety thing differently. I just don't drink.