Notices

I've accepted

Old 05-23-2006, 12:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I just have to do what needs to be done and face my fears even if it makes me uncomfortable. I can't run anymore.

I think by admitting my fears, I am taking steps of honesty and even admitting that I am scared, makes me scared. LOL. I'm working on it. I'm working on me.

Progress not perfection. I have to work on my thinking and change it or the end result is going to be really bad.
yep

I hope you continue to find the strength to make the changes you need to make.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:40 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hope4life,

I agree with you on the one is never enough thought. As an addiction counsellor said to me at one point "You don't gamble do you?" No I don't, its boring. "Good, you would be one who would bet a billion dollars b/c of the thrill". In short, I do everything full tilt and hair straight back. I am either moving or asleep, no in between, perhaps that is part of my problem.

Levi
Old 05-25-2006, 08:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

"Controlling it means, always planning your drinking out. "I'll only drink 4 drinks this Friday" ....Meanwhile its only Monday."

Geesh isn't that the truth..it is absolutely exhausting. And you get so tired, trying to control and plan when you can drink next and how much, that you (or I anyway) am more likely to say *@%^ it, I'm just going to drink the way I normally do.
Old 05-28-2006, 04:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I always felt like I should quit drinking and that I'd be happier sober but never really thought of myself as an alcoholic until a few years ago. The trouble was I used to be surrounded by people who used to get drunk all the time. In the U.K binge drinking really still is considered fairly normal behaviour. Everyone I knew would get wasted and everyone would laugh at stories of each other being sh!tfaced all the time.

Now I realise many people have a problem without even knowing it. It's not normal for a girl to wake up in a stangers bed not remembering anything about the night before. It's not normal for me to go out drinking in London then wake up half dressed in a field in the middle of the countryside, with hours and hours of memory missing.

I like life sober. I never again want to wake up caked in that thin film of sweat and knowing the day is over before it's even begun.

Life is sweet sober.

Lawry.